Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Playing catch-up with weeding

Posted by christie_sw_mo Z6 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 10:51

We've been on vacation for over a week but haven't stepped into my yard for at least two weeks since I was so busy getting everyone ready before we left. It's probably been at least three weeks since I pulled a weed. I slept in this morning and haven't even been outside to see how overrun my flower beds are. It can't be good.
And darn it, it's supposed to be 91 today.
I have never paid anyone to help me with the yard but feeling really tempted.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Playing catch-up with weeding

If you can find someone; do it! I did it for the first time this year....let the young neighbor boy trim the front ditch. He did a fairly good job. It was horribly overgrown. I haven't heard back from him; it may have scared him to death!

I am still behind but I think that will be my permanent state. Today DH wants to do the chain saw work.....cutting off bottom limbs on trees so we can mow right up to the trunks and knock our glasses (me) or cap(him) off. I also have some dead stuff to cut down. He will hook the trailer to the 4-wheeler and pull it around and load it as we go. I do the chain saw. I won't let him work over his head much since 2004.

Good luck with the weeding but don't get too hot.

o

Be careful Glenda and don't you get too hot. Team work is good.

I hope you enjoyed your vacation Christie. You timed it well now the heat has started. Pretty soon we will have to worry about watering. Those rains spoiled me. I think from now on we will be lucky to get a good rain.

I seem to be very good at growing wild lettuce around here. At least it is fairly easy to pull.

The dogs are hot. I cut some on Honey's hair until he got tired of it. No one is going to steal him but his mother still loves him.

o

It's hard to believe but I am going to water the garden today before I mulch more. You know the Ozarks soil; two days of hot sun and we are dry again!

We didn't last long at tree trimming. The chain kept coming off the blasted saw and I was tired. I will be mowing the west yard today; it is mostly shady.

Helen, Sugar is a short haired dog and it is wonderful. No trimming and you can see ticks........When she goes to the field with Max, she hits the ponds and the mud holes....she is now living in an outside pen when she isn't running free.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here