Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Self-Watering System!!!!

Posted by ceresone missouri ozarks (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 12:23

I bought mine from dripworks, and if a old woman can set it up, anyone can. I have found out, if youre home all the time, you cab bypass the most expensive part--the timer. I've loaned my book out, so I cant tell you prices, etc, but I know I spent less than $100. There is a starter kit, comes with pressure reducer, and main line (which is very cheap, in itself!)The tiny lines pop into the main line--and the (LOL)watering gizmo fastens on the end. or--you can use the self watering line, which I dont care for. I just turn mine on at daylight, when I do chores, and its ready to go off when I come back. I very seldom use the timer now. Gldno, this is probably more than you wanted to know--but really, its marvelous!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Self-Watering System!!!!

I know I could steam line how I water. I am dragging hoses all over and wasting time every day. Your system may be simple but you took the time and effort to make things work for you.

o

Actuall, Helen, it was about the easiest thing I've ever done--even the connectors are twist on--no glueing

o

ceresone- glad to see you post.
are you using drip emitters? i have a drip system on my 16 ft beds and i ordered most of the parts from drip works. you can get a lot of the same parts from lowe's and home depot.
william

o

I looked up a few "proper" names--LOL.
William, I have the soaker emmiter type, but I dont like it. My first jaunt into this, I bought the spectrum adjustable waters for my big pots, and love them-so in additing to the soaker hose type I used Shrubblers. Much, much better. Oh, I was saying it wasnt expensive? the supply line I use is1/2" and its 13.50 for 100', the line that goes to the individual waters is 1/4" and its 6.00 for 100'
Do you use a timer on yours, Wm?. I did, untill weather got so hot, now, I'm bypassing it, so I see whats watered.

o

no, i don't use a timer. the long beds i have use 1/4 inch soaker hoses and i put cutoff's on the 1/4 lines in case i just want to water certain beds. i do have a 4 port timer i have never used.
do you have an anti syphon valve in your main line?
william

o

Yes--between the faucet and the well

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here