Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
They're Back.....!

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 12:58

I have Japanese Beetles...............don't know how bad they will be but I saw several on a KMOTGG this morning.....I intend to start spraying with Sevin asap. I don't want to loose the blackberries again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: They're Back.....!

Thanks for the heads-up, Glenda. My crepe myrtle "forest" is now all in bud, and I'm ready for them!!
Sunny

o

Darn - Haven't looked yet but I'm sure I have them too if you do.

o

Darn - Haven't looked yet but I'm sure I have them too if you do.

o

Most of my crepes are in bloom, but I haven't seen many Japanese Beetles. So I decided even if I did, I wouldn't use my Sevin this year, because -- the crepes are full of honeybees!!!! Someone in Saginaw (outside city limits) must have a hive or two, and I'm so happy to see them apparently thriving.
Sunny

o

Still haven't seen but a few JBs. I wonder what happened to them? Could the zapping each summer with Sevin liquid and the resulting piles of them on the driveway have had this long-reaching effect? And I haven't had moles last year or now, either.

Anyway, I'll take honeybees anytime and whatever I can do to not harm them in any way, I'm going to do.

Speaking of honeybees -- looking at my large row of Russian Sage yesterday and the plants were literally swarming with honeybees and bumblebees. Now I'm just sure there's someone nearby with a few hives. I've never had this much activity before. Hopefully good for my two young Zuchinni and all the various hot pepper plants I impulsively planted.

Are you all noticing more bees than last summer and very few JBs?
Sunny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here