Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big Storms Around

Posted by dirtguy50 6a SW MO (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 14:26

Hope all you Ozarks gardeners are okay and safe today. We have had 2 1/2 inches of rain so far and more on the way. Poor garden has taken a beating. Be safe everyone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big Storms Around

Did you get hail or wind? We were eating at Stogie's in Joplin and changed our order to go so we wouldn't be out in the storm. I live south and don't think anything is falling at my house. I would love to have 2 inches plus because my rocks have dried out and I am watering, but no hail or damage please.

o

Helen, we ended up with 3" of rain with a little hail and quite a bid of strong winds. No serious damage but lot of flooding all over town. A small area about 5 miles south of me had 9" of rain. WOW!!

o

That was some storm! We had very heavy lightning and 2-2/3 inches of rain. No hail that I'm aware of, and no wind. It just came straight down and so did the lightning.

Intellicast says rain expected every day but next Friday. Hope everyone got their hay in.

I'll definitely need to fertilize my flowers/vegetables after all this water. The roses (blooms) took a beating and look terrible. Lots to do this week -- hope everyone is okay.
Sunny

o

We only got about an inch of rain and it's hard to believe that not far away they got 9. Wow! Glad we didn't get that much and glad I wasn't out driving in it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here