Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
violet_z6

Garden Symposium, Saturday, June 7, 2008, Springfield

Violet_Z6
15 years ago

Garden Symposium for Gardeners who want to learn!

8:30 am - Noon

Nathanael Greene Park (Map Location)

Saturday, June 7, 2008

If you didn't register, just show up!

Registration Form

{{gwi:1113922}} {{gwi:1113925}}

You choose from the following topics:

Vegetables

What's the scoop on tomato blight, how do I care for, prevent and treat this problem and other problems in the garden?

Native Missouri Plants - Taming Them Into Our Flowerbeds

What varieties look best in my flowerbed? What is so special about Native Plants? How do I take care of them once they are planted?

Making Use of Micro-Climates

Stretch our hardiness zone to the limits. Make use of pockets of varying conditions in your gardens. Develop ideas for inhospitable and hard to grow areas.

1-2-3's of Home Composting

Learn varying ways to recycle all that plant matter from your lawn, garden and kitchen. Make some of that brown gold for yourself

Companion Planting

Discover ways to combine plants in the garden. What works good together, what looks good and who can get along together.

Put-em up, Put-em up!

Learn how to keep all that wonderful fresh produce you're growing.

Canning and preserving

A renewed art form.

Designing My Garden

Learn some basics of garden design and apply them thru a critical look at the park gardens

Oh Where, Oh Where Has My Shade Garden Gone?

Discuss the possibilities that have been handed to you with the ice pruning our trees have endured.

Growing Up In the Garden

Gardening with and for Kids. Look at ways to help children find fun and exciting things to do in the garden.

Permaculture

Preserving bio-diversity, growing plants in your flowerbeds and yard that will feed humans and/or wildlife.

The Green, Green Grass of Home

Find out about summer care of the lawn, and the different types of grass that do well here. Start thinking of what you

can do this fall to have a great lawn next summer.

BUGs, There are Bugs in My Garden

I want bugs and birds in my garden, learn why, and learn how to get and keep them there.

Herb, an Herb By Any Other Name Would Still Be Herb

Learn how to choose, plant and care for herbs. Then learn how to dry them for use later.

New and Different

What are some of the new and interesting things that I can do in my garden and flowerbeds? What's new in the world of gardening?

Comment (1)

• oakleif
    15 years ago

Violet, was just thinking about you and wondering how you were. THANKS for the info abt the garden symposium. everyone check out her"my page"she always has goodies in it.

Glad to see you post. Come and stay awhile.Tell us about your flowers.
    vickie

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH