Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaye_gw

Beerhog started it!

kaye
17 years ago

The garden is looking decent considering the weather and lack of rain. Note my grass is nowhere as green as Beerhog's.

A border of daylillies blooming now

Annabelle is the only hydrangea blooming this year..late freeze got the rest

A corner where The Prince lives

Comments (11)

• beerhog
    17 years ago

Glad I got something started and glad to know I will have stuff to look at all weekend.

• christie_sw_mo
    17 years ago

That's a BIG border Kaye! I like the way it curves around. My Annabelle hydrangea is full of blooms this year but my others didn't do well. I don't remember having a late freeze here. I was thinking it might've been an early hard freeze before they were hardened off. I remember my Japanese maple froze before it ever got its fall colors then its leaves just turned brown and held on all winter. It's never done that before.

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

My dream garden! Just no words to describe the beauty of it.

• jll0306
    17 years ago

Kaye, I just spent a half an hour looking at your garden album. Wow! Just Wow!

What you have done is amazing....bed by bed by bed by bed. Thanks for sharing.

I am surprised to see that tropicals like banana plants and hibiscus thrive there, too. Do you need to cover them in the winter?

As an Ozarks gardener wannabe, I could ask you a million other questions, and probably will once I have the dirt to dig my hands into.

Jan

• rose_r_red
    17 years ago

WOW! Now thats a nice garden! I only hope mine will look half as good when the plants get bigger and when I finally get done with this place. I am just staring, I am only one year into trying to turn what was a forest of scrub into a yard and garden. A year ago, you could not even walk through here for the briars, sprouts, weeds, and mess. Its been a massive amount of work, but worth it. Hopefully someday I will get there and can post some nice pictures.

• ozarkhelen
    17 years ago

A beautiful garden, I hope you don't mind I printed it off and maybe it will give me incentive to get off my lazy behind and get started planting, I have my starts of flowers I moved down from Ia still in pots! Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden. Helen

• deafblossom
    17 years ago

VERY BEAUTIFUL!! I hope I will able to visiting your rose garden someday. My roses are doing fine except Veilchenblau! I have been surfing with rose in gardenweb. I think I found what exctally wrong with it. It has nitrogen deficiency. Oh Boy!! I have been away lots this summer and will stay home lots next year summer. Kat

• kaye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry to be so late in getting back..it's been a bad summer and the well has not had a break. I love coming here as everyone in the same area can relate to what we've been going thru..though I hear you lucky guys further north have had rain! Even 30 miles north has had what we've missed. I took a few pictures this week and there is link below. Thankfully, we only hit the mid 90's the last few and things are looking okay. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to fall!

Jan, the banana trees will come back in the mild winters we have here sometimes..I don't take chances and always save a few. I don't think the tropical hibiscus would make it. We take them in in the winter.

Here is a link that might be useful: This week

• jll0306
    17 years ago

Thanks, Kaye.

If our plans to move to NW AR come through, we will be in zone 6a. I have a feeling the winter there will be too hard for the tropicals to make it without some babying along, but I look forward to trying.

I love the little Buckwheat plant! Got any seeds to share??

• kadasuki
    17 years ago

What a beautiful garden!!! I'm so envious! Beerhog is so good at starting things.

Kat

• gnabonnand
    17 years ago

Beautiful pics, Kaye. My hydrangea's also got zapped by a late freeze this year. For the first time in years, I got no blooms from them.

Randy

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH