Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any pests or problems with lilies?

Posted by teeandcee 6 Missouri (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 18, 10 at 16:51

Do lilies (asiatic, oriental, etc) have slug problems? Any problems I should be aware of? I don't have a problem with voles as far as I know.

Y'all have been a bad influence on me with all the beautiful lily pics you've been posting. :D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any pest or problems with lilies?

Oh, I forgot to ask about Japanese beetles....do they like lilies??

o
RE: Any pests or problems with lilies?

All my lilly varieties look great all season long -- I've never noticed any damage, at least. The crepe myrtles are the tastiest thing around my place, or so it seems.
Sunny

o

Sometimes they get stem borers.

o

No problems with mine so far. I don't know whether I have Asiatic or Oriental or both. Japanese Beetles like cannas but I haven't seen any on my lilies and I haven't had any bulbs disappear over winter from voles so far.
I do wish they were in bloom longer. Mine were all free. Some of the more expensive varieties might be in bloom longer than mine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here