Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Garden photos

christie_sw_mo
16 years ago

Gld asked to see a picture of my rose campion so I went out and took pictures of that and a few other things this week. A trader sent me a rose campion plant a few years ago. I didn't know I was supposed to keep them dead headed and got LOTS of seedlings, like a thick ground cover. They have all grown together now and I'm sure many of the smaller ones have gotten choked out. This is the first year all the seedlings have been big enough to bloom. They're in quite a bit of shade from a young oak tree and get run off water from the shed which you can see to the right in this photo. They get morning and evening sun. I've read that they will bloom again if you dead head them but it didn't work for me last year with the mama plant.

This is the same area a little closer up.

{{gwi:337262}}

This is a lily I got from a trader. I don't know its name but it's a dark brick-red. I have a couple other lilies with buds but not blooming yet.

I need to put some more photos on Photobucket before I can post them. It takes awhile with my slow dial-up connection.

I want to see what's blooming in everybody else's yard - or veggies - so feel free to post some pics of your garden.

Anybody else have to stop and pull weeds before they can take a picture? lol

Comments (12)

• beerhog
    16 years ago

Here are few shots from my yard this year.

Beerhog

• gldno1
    16 years ago

Thanks for the photos. I love them.

christie, my rose campion is still in the little flat rosette near the ground....I may have to wait until next year for bloom?I love them and am so glad I finally planted some. The red lily is gorgeous.....I had one at one time. Haven't seen it this year.

Beerhog, beautiful beds. My poor lilies got really severely damaged by the late freeze this year and some aren't even going to bloom. I don't know if it will affect them permanently or not. What is the neat edging in the middle flower bed, front end?

• Marian_2
    16 years ago

Lovely pictures from both of you. I have lots of Rose Campion too, but no display like Christies. Mine are scattered all over the yard edges and in the beds.
    My lilies suffered the same as Gld's. I'm not sure I will get any blooms. The 2 that were forming buds were nipped off by the deer! I also think the voles have eaten a lot of their bulbs.
    Beerhog, were your plants hit by the late freeze? They are looking good now. I espacially like the first picture.

• oakleif
    16 years ago

You guys have so much reason to be proud of your yards and the pride shows in your flower beds.
    vickie

• arkie62
    16 years ago

I hate the chain link fence, but can't afford to replace it just now. When we bought this place two years ago everything in the yard had been burned over and was dead. The soil is very poor but we are at least beginning to get a little color here and there.

JoAnn's "jungle".

• gldno1
    16 years ago

JoAnn the yard is so pretty and green; hard to believe just two years have made such a difference. I love the hollyhocks in the corner..beautiful color.

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Beerhog - Your gardens look wonderful! What is the tall silvery plant toward the back in the bottom photo?

Arkie62 - Very nice! I love nasturtiums. Is the ferny foliage cosmos? I have a few of those this year but mine are still very small. What else do you have planted?

My lilies came through that freeze ok. I only lost one that I know of. Most of my iris didn't bloom at all and it looks like I've lost a few to rot.

• beerhog
    16 years ago

The silver looking plant is Artemisia ludoviciana 'Silver King'.
    Beerhog

• oakleif
    16 years ago

Hope you don't mind. I made copies of your pictures to take to a depression therapy group to put in journals we are making. These flowers will do a lot of cheering up.
    Thanks so much,
    vickie

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Beerhog - I like silver foliage. It really stands out. I found artemesia 'Valerie Finnis' at the Master Gardener sale this year. I think it will be much shorter though.

Vickie - You're welcome to use ANY photos that I've posted. Let us know if you're looking for anything in particular. I can look through my photobucket stuff.

• oakleif
    16 years ago

Thanks, the pictures i've got are great.
    vickie

• peaceofmind
    16 years ago

I'm still struggling with learning to post a picture. Hope this works. Anise

Here is a link that might be useful: june picture