Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyside1_gw

Katy and the Baby Rabbit

sunnyside1
10 years ago

I put a PS on the First Tomatoes subject, sorry that I was (further) hijacking the thread.

Today she went out and the first thing I knew, she had "her" baby out and was trying to get it to nurse. Lying on her side and smiling all over herself. I put it back in the nest with a paper towel). Now, she was spayed early and I thought we were all done with that. But now she has adopted that baby and has a cute smile on her face when she goes out on the leash with me. The leash is for Ma Rabbit's benefit and peace of mind. Ma has been very careful to keep her two babies covered after Katy's ministrations.

It's just been a sorta wonderful/horrible experience, as I am sorry for the momma and have to keep Katy leashed in her own backyard until everyone fulfills their destiny. Having found two baby rabbits in the yard over the last two years, I now understand that Katy dug them out of their nest.

Anyone else had this experience? I can't scold her for doing what to her is a natural thing -- she wants a rabbit for her own (I guess) . "Can I keep it, Mommy? Pleeeeease????)
Sunny

Comments (6)

Sponsored