Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
beneficial insects

Posted by helenh z6 MO (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 30, 11 at 22:24

I found two kinds of insect eggs this evening. One type was on stalks. It is about the twelfth picture down in this list. Green lace wing eggs.

Here is a link that might be useful: lacewing eggs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: beneficial insects

I've never seen those before Helen. I would've wondered too. It's odd how they hang down on a stalk.
I like any bug that eats aphids. I really have a lot of trouble with my Dropmore Scarlet honeysuckle early in the year. The blooms just dry up. It's starting to bloom again now so there must be something that's found the aphids and keeping them under control.

I've been finding some brown barrel shaped eggs lined up end to end in a long row on the underneath side of leaves. I found them several times this year mostly on my tulip tree.

o
RE: beneficial insects

Now,if we could just find something that would eat these Japanese Beetles. My chickens love them, but I have to catch the first and dump on the ground semi-drowned in front of them!

My snowball bush each years gets aphids so bad it ruins the bloom season. The are just now re-leafing and looking healthy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here