Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photo of funnel over Springfield

Posted by joeinmo 6b-7a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 22, 13 at 1:40

Here is a photo of the funnel over Springfield before it touchdown today.

This is from north of Springfield overlooking the city from a hill.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photo of funnel over Springfield

Saw your post and thought "What funnel?" lol I hadn't heard about it. I do remember thinking the clouds looked pretty scary off to the east when I was headed to Walmart yesterday evening. Glad nobody was hurt. I didn't hear any sirens.

o

I didn't know about the storm until the evening news! I am sure glad it didn't do a lot of damage.

Great shot byw!

o

Good picture. When you took the picture could you see rotation? I am not sure I would have known it was a tornado. I want some more rain but not any of those.

o

Helen,

Yes there was slight rotation, but also very weird bottom up elevator type movement. After I heard it had touch down in Springfield a couple of the weathermen said this was a land spout and instead of the funnel moving from top to bottom, it developed bottom up, so that explains it. Its Still considered a tornado, but not your traditional spring tornado caused by dry cool air and warm moist air moving diagonally toward each other.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here