Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

Rains Missed us Again

gldno1
14 years ago

I was so hopeful, but just a few drops and it moved on.

I was worried about the tomatoes because I hadn't tied them up again and they mentioned strong winds....will be doing that first thing this morning.

I will be watering again later today.

Hope some of you can the rain.

Comments (10)

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

Not even a drop here.
    I watered most of the day here. Just let the water run really slow and soak down deep. Hoping everything will hold up in the heat for the next few days.
    How long is this supposed to last? I have not had a chance to look.
    Everyone be careful in this heat.
    I say that an I plan to mow etc this evening.
    By the way at 11 p.m. last night it was still 88 out side.
    Bonnie

• Susy
    14 years ago

We had a 1/2" yesterday morning and just a drizzle this morning. I went out to do some weeding and it sure doesn't take long to be wet and sticky due to the humidity. Overcast and 85 degrees here but the humidity is awful!

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

Well it started pouring rain here around 4 a.m.
    Still raining now @ 7:20 but more a slow rain now.
    A lot of plants are bent over from the pouring rain . But I won't complain because I won't have to water for a while now!
    I sure hope you all get some of the blessed rain as well.
    Bad part is when it stops it will be humid, yuck.
    Bonnie : )

• sunnyside1
    14 years ago

Had 2 inches in the rain gauge. We sure needed it. It's sprinkling now and the forecast is cooler temps today.
    Sunny

• gldno1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We got nothing.

Wow, 2 inches; that is great.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

I think I got some rain that you didn't Glenda but not enough to brag about until this morning. : ) We got an inch of rain and it looks like more is on the way.

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

From the way the radar looks you should get some rain today.
    We had some more this morning. I am so grateful for every drop. That is the one chore of gardening that is not at the top of my list, watering. It takes so much time.
    I hope you all get some much needed rain today. It looks as though we have a 30% chance most of the next few days.
    Bonnie : )

• gldno1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you, thank you.....we finally got 1-1/2 inches this morning!

Now I can finish my weeding project. I was trying to pull some grassy weeds out of the backside of the cellar bed yesterday and finally gave up because the ground was so hard. I will have no excuse now.

I am so glad I got most of the trimming done and the yard mowed before this one.

• helenh
    14 years ago

I didn't get the rain that Joplin got. .08 inch on my gauge. I will be watering today by siphon from the pond on the hill. I am not using my well because I get sand when that gets low. It plugs up my appliances when that happens. Maybe there will be enough moisture in the atmosphere to build up a nice thunderstorm for me.

• Susy
    14 years ago

When we got the 1/2" of rain on Friday morning I told my DH that if we could get that every week it would be nice (I was really joking), so was very glad when we got 1" today-it fell very slow, took about all day to measure that amount!

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional