Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sound in trees

Posted by christie_sw_mo Z6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 07 at 11:04

I found a link with Green Tree Frog audio online. Isn't that exciting. lol It does sound a little like quacking so maybe that's the sound you are hearing Sunnysky. Hope this link works for you. Green tree frog is the first one if you scroll about halfway down. Let us know if that's it. It might be a different kind of frog or some type of cricket as Alys said or another insect. You must have a lot of them whatever it is.
Welcome to the Ozarks by the way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frog audio

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sound in trees

Here's a link that shows the different frogs and toads we have in Missouri, not all of them, but at least the most common. I found the audio by just searching for "green tree frog audio" on google.com.
Sunnysky asked what sounded like 1000 ducks in the trees in the Missourian's Locations post. Anyone else have an idea what it might be?

Here is a link that might be useful: Missouri's Toads and Frogs

o

Christie. what a fun site,Frogland,. Did you take the What Kind of Frog are You Test? I'm some kind of south American frog that is a cannibal. Wanna come over for dinner sometime? LOL.
Could the quacking sound possible be cacadas? They sure are making a racket in my trees right now
vickie

o

Ok Vickie - I checked out the test on Frogland. It worked for me. I'm a White's tree frog also known as a Dumpy tree frog. It's not active enough and loves to eat. lol
I wonder what you answered that brought up a cannibal frog. lol

o

Maybe it was i like the color red and i like to go out for dinner saturday nights. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here