Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Elephant ears

Posted by jspeachyn5 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 08 at 11:09

I have a large area of elephant ears. I was wondering if any of you ever have to stake your ears? I normally don't. However this year They have gotten so big that they are hanging down to the ground and breaking.
If you stake, how do you go about it. I mean what would be the best way to go about this. I have tried large dowel rods with soft cotton T-shirt material as the tie. that only gets them so high. they really need to be up more. Any Ideas?
Is there a way to maybe pull the top up that I'm not thinking of?
Bonnie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elephant ears

I don't grow elephant ears. It is hard to stake things after they have already grown big. I didn't get around to caging all my tomatoes, now I would break them if I tried.

o

I always use panty hose when I have to tie something up. It has a little give as they grow.

o
Clarification on tie ups

I should have said when I tie up plants. When I tie up people I use rope! Just kidding! LOL! I'm a little slap happy. I've had 15 adults and 16 kids at my house all day today. And they're coming back tomorrow with even more!

o

Hi proud grandma, you are funny. I think we all knew you meant plants because we didn't know you had company.

o

Hey proudgm, maybe someone should hide the hose today? Just kidding enjoy your company.
Bonnie

o

Proud grandma have you seen the post on the annual forum about old celosia seed? You need to have all those kids collecting seeds so they can remember you when they run you crazy. I'm sure you are a young chick, so I'm thinking 50 years from now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here