Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Springfield, MO park

Posted by helenh z6 MO (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 13:10

photo springfieldMOgarden032_zpsc2767f7e.jpg photo springfieldMOgarden034_zpsf51a50a9.jpg>Springfield park photo springfieldMOgarden038_zpsd2c3f5b2.jpgThe park was beautiful Saturday. You should go while the weather is good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Springfield, MO park

Very, very pretty. I assume this is Close park in Springfield?
I noticed the sumac in the background of the middle photo. Isn't that interesting foilage? Do they grow over 6 ft?
Sunny

o

If it is Tigereye sumac you can google it and see what they say. I have two but it takes shrubs years to mature. You know what our last two years have been like. Mine is not over 6 feet. It has sent out an offshoot but I like that it is making more. The foliage is just as pretty as blooms would be and it is bright yellow green all season. I looked it up on the forbidden D garden and some people there say it spreads. It costs over $20 and it is beautiful so I say dig up the shoots and give them away if you have too many. I think you would have to plant it carefully knowing it may send out shoots.

This post was edited by helenh on Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 17:50

o

I haven't made it to the park this year....or last. Been sick for three days so probably will miss going in this nice weather.

o

We went to Springfield a couple of weeks ago, intending to go to the park as part of our day.....wouldn't you know that was the day Springfield got 9 inches of rain?!!!!

Want to go again, we would like to see the hosta garden this year (did you know it has been named as an American Hosta Society display garden? One of only (I think) 15 in the US.

Sandy

o

Last weekend was great for lilies and day lilies. The hosta garden was occupied by a wedding party so I didn't go there. They keep adding things. The new gardens are not at their peak yet, but they will be nice in a few years. My friend took the trolley around because he doesn't walk like I do. He told me about the Peace Garden and I saw the conifer garden for the first time. I haven't been going up there. It is so easy to miss things there if you don't keep up with the new gardens. conifer garden Close Memorial Park photo springfieldMOgarden040_zpsf5ea54af.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here