Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
violet_z6

Daylily Sale Aug 15 or by Appointment - Ozark Daylily Society

Violet_Z6
14 years ago

I appologize for the following being in all caps. I didn't write it. But I thought some of you might want to be made aware of the information:

NOTICE: SPECIAL DAYLILY SALE ON AUGUST 15 - EARLIER BY APPOINTMENT

THE OZARK DAYLILY SOCIETY IS GOING TO REDO THE CIRCLE BEDS AT EACH END OF THE DAYLILY GARDEN AT CLOSE MEMORIAL PARK AS SOON AS THE BLOSSOMS START TO FADE AWAY. WE ARE PLANNING TO DIG THEM ON THE 15TH OF AUGUST AND SELL THEM TO THE PUBLIC. THESE ARE DAYLILIES WHERE WE DO NOT KNOW THE NAMES BUT THEY WILL MAKE EXCELLENT PLANTINGS.

IF SOMEONE WANTS TO GET STARTED EARLY AND WANTED AN ARRAY OF VARIOUS COLORS, WE WILL SELL THEM BY THE CLUMP AT ONLY $8.00 EACH. I WOULD BE GLAD TO START DIGGING IF ANY ONE WANTS TO PURCHASE SOME AHEAD OF THE AUGUST 15 TIME FRAME.

IF YOU WOULD PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO THE FRIENDS OF THE GARDEN MEMBERS AND OTHER FRIENDS WE WOULD APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH. REMEMBER THE PUBLIC IS WELCOME!

THANKS AND CONTACT:

CLIFF GARLAND

OZARK DAYLILY SOCIETY

cliff.garland@sbcglobal.net

417-863-6434

Comments (9)

• helenh
    14 years ago

Will they all be sold by the clump for $8 or smaller pieces for another price?

• Violet_Z6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

helenh,

Email or call Cliff Garland whose contact informatlion is at the end of the release. He'll be able to tell you. I'm sure you'll get your money's worth. Organizations usually try to give you more than you would get at any retail garden center or nursery. In addition, they'll be hardy because they've been growing in this area. If the daylilies are in bloom now, you could go and find out what you want, and maybe if you can be there when he digs by appointment, you can tell him what you want. Worth asking anyway.

• helenh
    14 years ago

Cliff replied 2 or 3 fans for $5.

I had some favorites when I visited the garden but I don't know that I could locate them. Labeling is so important and I am terrible at it. I decided at the garden that day that I like some of the older varieties better than the new ruffled ones.

• natgreeneveg
    14 years ago

Well, I know there are some serious daylily lovers out there. If you tried a few, even if they were unnamed, you can always attempt to get them identified next year when they bloom. If you can take a photo and get it online, you can likely find out what it is. If you end up with some you don't like, many of us would probably be happy to trade plants with you.

• helenh
    14 years ago

I liked this dark one. I don't have any this dark.

• gldno1
    14 years ago

I have Ed Murray that is very dark. My camera doesn't show the color as true as I would like.

• helenh
    14 years ago

I like it very much. If I had it I would be crossing it. Usually the offspring are not as good as the parent, but it is fun. I like to wake up in the mornings in June and see what opened. It is really fun if you have seedlings you have crossed yourself. This time of year my day lilies don't look good. Some late bloomers are still blooming but the plants look ratty. They don't die if I don't water, but they look bad. I have some good day lilies that need a new bed badly. Trees have encroached their sunny spot.

• gldno1
    14 years ago

The foliage on mine have looked ratty all season for some reason. I know some are way too crowded.

I see seed pods on Joan Senior, Hal's Pink, my tallest Hyperion seedling, and Chorus Line. I hope I remember to collect them. Last year's Joan Sr. bloomed exactly like the mother plant this spring. I did no crossing this time just what ever the bees did.

• helenh
    14 years ago

I like to use strawberry candy and whatever is pretty. Strawberry candy has more blooms on it than any other in my yard and it will set pods. I don't do much with the seedlings because I need new beds. I have some babies in pots.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm