Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
drought monitor

Posted by helenh z6 MO (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 14:30

Okiedawn is posting this on the OK forum. In case you didn't notice we are having a drought. It is too hot for me. I go out for a few minutes and get so hot I have to recuperate a while.

Here is a link that might be useful: drought map

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: drought monitor

Be careful Helen. I don't tolerate as much heat as I used to and go out only early in the morning unless it's just a short trip out to check for butterflies or something. It's just too hot.
To make that map more accurate, I'm going to get a red sharpie and make a dot over my yard. lol We missed what little rain there was. My yard is suffering badly.
I can't believe it's still just July.

o

OK forum had this posted again. I hope we get a slow rain this weekend.

Here is a link that might be useful: drought monitor

o

helen, hoping for the same girl. We all need it!

o

I check the NOAA and the amounts predicted are a little disheartening.....1/4 to 1/2 inch. Anything we get is appreciated.

We are feeding hay daily now.

o

Many gardener friends are fans of early morning for chores. But me? We're in the process of retiring, and sleeping late is a true luxury! I don't know that we'll ever stop loving it. ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here