Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jspeachyn5

Rain?

jspeachyn5
15 years ago

Has any of you gotten any of this rain? The wind blew here off an on today but not one drop here in Joplin. I thought I heard the 16 weather man say we had a bit of rain and hail. Where, my yard is dry and some of my grass is turning brown. hope it rains soon. Have been watering my plants. trying to water deep and not as often.

Well to think we had too much a while back.

Bonnie

Comments (12)

• helenh
    15 years ago

No rain here. I could see thunderstorm clouds, but they were kind of narrow. I think it was hit and mostly miss. I could sure use a shower.

• oakleif
    15 years ago

Just missed us here. They got a good rain just to the east of us. I'm having to water from DD,s well,everyday now.

• gldno1
    15 years ago

At last, we got a nice rain around 2:30 am this morning and it is raining now....not heavy but rain, blessed rain.

I haven't checked to see how much we got yet.

We were needing it badly.

I am northwest of Springfield.

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

Most of this recent rain has been missing my house. We've heard lots of thunder and it's close enough that we've been getting some sprinkles. We finally got about 1/4 of an inch this morning but I'm sure they got a lot more than that just east of us in Springfield. It's better than nothing and I guess we deserved to get left out this time after getting an unexpected downpour last week. Overall, our yard is looking very good for late July.
    Hope you folks with a dry yard don't get left out. It's frustrating to be so close to the rain and not get any.

• bunny6
    15 years ago

I live in Russellville and we got a lot of rain yesterday afternoon. I was so glad! I did not have to water. Plus, we reached 98 degrees. My lawn and flowers really needed the water.
    Ann

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

We had a wonderful rain Monday night and Tuesday morning. Thank goodness, we needed it. They are calling for more rain this weekend and it won't hurt my feelings none. The plants just don't do as well being watered with cold well water.

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

I am thankful for every drop that we got yesterday and today, although it only came to about 1/4th inch. I am hoping for more. South of Harrison, in Northeastern Newton County, got some pretty wild electrical storms, and put out my computer for a day and a half. Our phone is still not back to normal....working, but scratchy. :-(

• jspeachyn5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well still no rain. I could hear thunder and the wind was blowing again. I looked at national weather service and the rain seems to be going around us. So... I watered again. The old saying about if you water then it will rain?? Hope so.
    Bonnie

• gldno1
    15 years ago

We ended up with 1.25 inches but got lots of wind. It broke a limb off the peach tree that was heavy with peaches, don't know it they will ripen or not. I may try to tie it up now.

Also broke over some tomatoes and a tall malva moscheutos by the kitchen.

Some of the corn is leaning again, but not on the ground.

Still glad to get the rain though.

FYI, I had watered that morning!

• oakleif
    15 years ago

We got rain yesterday too. It's cloudy this morning too which will help keep temps down. The wind blew over my cuke container but did'nt hurt the plant.

• gbbrown
    15 years ago

This is my third summer in Jefferson co. Mo. Two summers of drought and now all this rain. The sprinkler system is turned off. Hard to understand what will happen next.

Weeds are everywhere. My leaf mulch and straw mulch have failed completely. I do believe the squash have gotten too much water and are looking poorly. Zillions of tomatoes are just beginning to come in. My fliower border contains three varieties of blackeyed susan all of which are happy. The cone flowers and zinnias are doing their thing. Will be very curious about your flowers that are doing well in August!

GBB

• helenh
    15 years ago

I finally got some last night. Every little bit helps.