Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bunny6_gw

Can I post pic. from a CD disk?

bunny6
15 years ago

I don't have a digital camera, but I have my pictures put on Cd's. Can I post pictures from the CD. If I can, how do I do it? I am completely stupid when comes to computers; I needed step by step instructions or a web site to help me out. How do I get the pictures from my CD to an on line photo album? I do know how to e-mail pictures to other people, but that is as far as my talent goes. So if someone could help explain it to me, I surely would appreciate it!

Ann

Comments (23)

• helenh
    15 years ago

I don't know but I would help if I could. I would love to see your pictures. I went to Photobucket to look. It says upload from and gives these choices: my computer, web URL, mobile phone, and e-mail. Christie helped me. I didn't understand the FAQ on picture posting.

• helenh
    15 years ago

My little brain is trying to work. I went back to Photobucket and clicked on upload from - - my computer. The drive that I put my CD's in was one choice on the menu. Why don't you create a Photobucket account and see what you can see. I put a CD in the drive. I clicked the blue box that says choose files. I clicked on computer, I double clicked the CD drive to upload from and saw a list of picture numbers. I double clicked on picture number 26. It showed it was loading. Then I clicked save and continue and it was in my album. See if you can get that far and I will help you further in another post.

• bunny6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I went to photobucket and opened an account, but I can not find the option of uploading. All it says is my album, albums, and someother stuff. I am going to keep trying, because I really want to post. My computer maybe too old. I hope not. Thanks for your help and any other help I receive.
    fustrated Ann

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Ann, it has been so long since I began with Photobucket I can't remember, but did you click on My album? Maybe you have to create an album first. Name it and then you should see the upload feature.

Let us know how it goes. I didn't know you could do it directly from the cd drive either. I have been putting the pictures back on the computer....helen, you have save me a step. Thanks.

• missfourseasons
    15 years ago

Well...I hope all computers are the same, so try this:

When you log into your Photobucket, there is that space that says "Upload your Images."

Right next to that, you choose "From My Computer"

Then, click on the "Choose Files" button in the "Upload your Images" space.

To pull the pictures from a disk, you should click on "My Computer" from the column all the way to your left.

Then, click on the "DVD-Ram" (Drive D) thingy...hopefully, you will see your disk images come up to select....

Good Luck! I hope I gave you some decent directions.. :)

• bunny6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well I tried all the suggestions. I clicked on upload and waited for 30 minutes and nothing happen. Then the same thing on Picture Album and same results. My hubby thinks our computer is just too old and can not process the big site. So, I guess no photo posting for me. I did copy the post, so when I get a new computer I will know how to do it. I greatly appreciate all of you guys help and you guys are great!

• helenh
    15 years ago

Are you on dial up? If so that may be part of the problem. When I had dial up, pictures were not fun. Do you have a certain picture that you especially wanted to share. If so you could e-mail that to someone.

• helenh
    15 years ago

I have had many mess ups and still having them. I would try again at a time of day when things are not busy. I sometimes can't get Garden Web at all. Today one of Glenda's pictures wouldn't come up on the first try. Do you know someone well who has a newer computer? You could put a few pictures in your album from their house. Then at home you could see if your computer can put them on Garden Web. You are e-mailing pictures and using a CD to view them, so your computer is transferring pictures. When I had dial up some times it worked better than others.

• bunny6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I guess I wanted to post pictures like everyone else. I can got Arkansas Tech University and use their computers. They are very fast. How do you get the picture from photo bucket to the post. Do you write the post then insert the picture from there? I know nothing about it, but it can't be too hard. Yes, I do have dail up with and old computer. Two strikes against me. Thanks for offering to post them for me. I will figure this out eventually. Thanks for your help. Also, I plan to get a new computer in a couple of months, so I may have to wait until then to post pictures unless I can get it to work at ATU. Thanks for your help!!!
    Ann

• helenh
    15 years ago

Sometimes I do things the hard way; others may have more to offer. After the picture is in your album look under it and find a little box and picture number. Check that, then go to the bottom click on generate HTML. Some boxes will come up, right click in the first box, select all, right click again, copy. I usually write my message then get the picture so I click the back arrow in the upper left corner until I get back to my message. I click at the end of it to put the curser there, then right click and paste. You have to click preview message to see what you've done. If it isn't right try again.

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

Ann - You may be doing this already so forgive me if I tell you something you already know; you should be clicking on Browse first, then finding and selecting the picture you want before you try to "Upload" it to Photobucket. I would only do one picture at a time since you're on dial-up. However, it is possible that your computer is just too old or you may not have a good enough conection through your phone line.
    Helen gave you the directions for putting a thumnail image in your post that can be enlarged. There's other ways to post an image but I think thumbnails load the quickest so I like to use those too.
    Hang in there. : )

• bunny6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I greatly appreciate everyone's help. I am still working on it. I am trying all suggestions. My hubby thinks maybe are computer is too old, so I am going to Tech (university) to try on their computers. I am determine to learn, if possible.
    Ann

• razorback33
    15 years ago

If I can upload images from a CD to Photobucket on my old computer, then anyone should be able to do so!
    I have an old HP, that was rescued from a neighbors trash, cleaned up and cleaned out(the memory was loaded with garbage, because they didn't know how to clean it out), and I am running on a dial-up connection at 52KBS. Often, my ISP will connect me at a much lower speed, so I dump the connection and redial, until I get the maximum speed that will pass on a regular phone line.
    At 52KBS, text and photos load in a very few seconds. Often, it requires a little more time on GW, which I have found is the slowest website I have encountered on the web!
    Here's a photo from a series of 20 photos from a CD, that I uploaded a few minutes ago. Total time required for 20 photos was 3½ min., or about 10 sec. per photo.

If your machine is running slow on a dial-up connection, check to see what speed your modem is set to run.
    If you have WindowsXP and a variable speed modem, then your machine should be as fast as mine on a dial-up!
    Good luck!
    Rb

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

razorback33 Great picture! What is it?

• gldno1
    15 years ago

RB, I am impressed! Now, what is the plant?

• razorback33
    15 years ago

It's one of the English Ivy cultivars, Hedera helix '24 Karats'. From the collection of Ivy at the Buffalo(NY) Botanical Garden.
    I grow a number of different one's, but don't have this one presently. Mine are grown in pots, hanging baskets and on toparies. I'm somewhat paranoid about planting Ivy in the garden, since many of the lazy neighbors have allowed it to become a nuisance in their gardens and it climbs trees, where it transforms into an Adult form, flowers and produces berries. Birds then scatter the seed everywhere and it becomes invasive. My property is mostly woodlands and a bird sanctuary, so you can imagine the problem I have with seedlings. not only from Ivy, but all berried plants!
    Not all are exotics, many are native plants.
    Here's another view of the same plant.

Rb

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

I don't know if this will be helpful or not.
    before I got this computer my old one was so slow no matter what.
    My son in-law is a computer geek. he looked at it and told me some of it was because it was old and I didn't have enough ram. But the other problem was I had saved "all" my photos to my computer. He showed me how to put them on a disk and just load the one's I want to look at. Sort of sort them out (vacation, grandchildren, garden and wish garden). After we did that and he let my computer run through the repair process. It ran so much better.
    So take it for what it's worth.
    Great Ivy.
    Bonnie

• sweetwm007
    15 years ago

nice plant and nice photos rb.
    william

• helenh
    15 years ago

Beth here are our attempts to explain.

• southerngardenchick
    15 years ago

Yes! Thanks Helen, now I can see how to do it. Here's a pic from me, then. My pumpkins from last year. Didn't put ONE pumpkin on... but the vine was impressive for a little while...

Bunny,
    Have you tried to save the pictures from you disk onto your computer, and then upload them? I use Flickr to save my pictures and use them...

Thanks for your help, guys!

Beth

• helenh
    15 years ago

You catch on fast.

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Yea! more pictures are now expected. I love seeing them when I check in early with my first coffee.

• helenh
    14 years ago

I want to see day lily pictures.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?