Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall has fallen?

Posted by kadasuki z6 NW AR (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 25, 08 at 0:09

Hey all,
Here in Benton Cty, dogwoods are pink leaved and I saw a maple turning purple yesterday too. I've been too cold in the mornings too!
My Brugs are drooping and by gosh, it feels like October here.
Any chance of Indian summer saving my figs? or, early winter?
Kat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall has fallen?

You must be feeling a cold front that I didn't get. Benton County is not that far from me, but it has been hot and humid at my house. The walnut trees are starting to turn a yellow green and the leaves have been falling for a while in my yard. I could use a rain. They have forecast rain the last two weeks, but all I got is .2 inch total.

o

I noticed my neighbors tree was turning yellow and roping leaves last weekend. I was just hoping it was because of the ice damage it had sustained.
Bonnie

o

I'm very jealous! I love the fall colors...Hope everyone will keep posting pictures...and that it is a good year for colors. Should be judging from all the rain, I'm thinking...

o

helen, our weather in the Springfield area has been like yours. We are extremely dry, but have had some cooler weeks.

I am ready for fall!

o

Oh I do so like the colors.
but I sure would like an Indian summer...
the extended time with all the flowers and not having to "hurry" and get ready for ole man winter.
Bonnie

o

We had some cool days and lots of rain, but it is humanid today and in the upper 80's. I dread winter, because all I have to do is rake leaves. I do like trees when they change color.
Ann

o

Can't you mow your leaves? When you chop them up they take up much less space.

o

• Posted by kaye 7a AR (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 25, 08 at 17:36

I heard that the Farmers' Almanac is predicting a record cold winter..I certainly hope they are wrong! At least, maybe it won't come early. I've seen lots of trees dropping leaves near us but we had such a wet, cool spring I think they weren't prepared for the lack of rain and 100+ temps we saw a while back. It didn't last long, thank goodness..but summer's not over yet..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here