Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

It's Raining at My House!

gldno1
11 years ago

I have windows up and doors open just to hear that lovely sound.....it began lightly at 4AM and is now coming downing heavier and steadily...oh joy......

Hope you all are getting it too.

A happy gardener and farmer.

Comments (11)

• helenh
    11 years ago

I have been out playing in it all day. So far I have one inch. I love to play in rain. One inch so far here and still lightly coming down. I'm soaked and headed for a hot shower. I planted lettuce in the rain, cut back weeds and tomato vines blocking my path, planted sale alyssum ($1) and sale blue stem grass from Ozark nursery ($3 or $4), siphoned water from the 300 gallon full stock tank by my house to tanks in the garden. I may not need to save water since the season is over and maybe we will be getting rains now. I'm playing. It is a beutiful slow rain and no thunder. Nobody is following me around and acting anxious, but Honey wants to come in the house. I may let since my hall is dirty already.

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

As of this morning, we've gotten 1.6 inches, all a nice slow soaking in rain.
    I know it's not enough rain to make up for how behind we are but it's so close to the end of the season, I'm tempted to roll up all but one garden hose and put them away. I have to keep one out to reach the pots on my patio since those dry out so quickly.

• sunnyside1
    11 years ago

I had a little over 2.0 inches in the rain gauge this morning. Think it must have rained here 1/2 inch last evening and overnight.
    Sunny

• dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
    11 years ago

We are showing right at or bit over 2" here as well. My small fall crops are loving this. woo hoo.

• sunnyside1
    11 years ago

2.5 inches this morning -- happy dance!
    Sunny

• gldno1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We just got 2 inches but are still delighted. I think my MIL in Springfield got quite a bit more.

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

We got almost another inch so about 2.5 altogether.
    My yard is definitely not dormant anymore. It's greened up again and grown in the last couple days. I need to get out and mow.

• helenh
    11 years ago

1.9 total and all my stock tanks full.

• jgertie
    11 years ago

It has just started raining at my house and the wind has blown over some of my deck plants.

• sunnyside1
    11 years ago

Had almost 1.25 inches in gauge this AM. Wind blew terribly and siren went off here in southeast Joplin. They blow the siren when winds are 70mph and it sure looked like it. Didn't lose any limbs this time.
    Hope everyone is okay.
    Sunny

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

It got really windy here for awhile too. We got 6/10. The news said there were trees down around Walnut Grove. Glenda - Did you have any damage?

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!