Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's Raining at My House!

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 6:36

I have windows up and doors open just to hear that lovely sound.....it began lightly at 4AM and is now coming downing heavier and steadily...oh joy......

Hope you all are getting it too.

A happy gardener and farmer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's Raining at My House!

I have been out playing in it all day. So far I have one inch. I love to play in rain. One inch so far here and still lightly coming down. I'm soaked and headed for a hot shower. I planted lettuce in the rain, cut back weeds and tomato vines blocking my path, planted sale alyssum ($1) and sale blue stem grass from Ozark nursery ($3 or $4), siphoned water from the 300 gallon full stock tank by my house to tanks in the garden. I may not need to save water since the season is over and maybe we will be getting rains now. I'm playing. It is a beutiful slow rain and no thunder. Nobody is following me around and acting anxious, but Honey wants to come in the house. I may let since my hall is dirty already.

o

As of this morning, we've gotten 1.6 inches, all a nice slow soaking in rain.
I know it's not enough rain to make up for how behind we are but it's so close to the end of the season, I'm tempted to roll up all but one garden hose and put them away. I have to keep one out to reach the pots on my patio since those dry out so quickly.

o

I had a little over 2.0 inches in the rain gauge this morning. Think it must have rained here 1/2 inch last evening and overnight.
Sunny

o

We are showing right at or bit over 2" here as well. My small fall crops are loving this. woo hoo.

o

2.5 inches this morning -- happy dance!
Sunny

o

We just got 2 inches but are still delighted. I think my MIL in Springfield got quite a bit more.

o

We got almost another inch so about 2.5 altogether.
My yard is definitely not dormant anymore. It's greened up again and grown in the last couple days. I need to get out and mow.

o

1.9 total and all my stock tanks full.

o

• Posted by jgertie 7 Hot Springs, AR (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 22:07

It has just started raining at my house and the wind has blown over some of my deck plants.

o

Had almost 1.25 inches in gauge this AM. Wind blew terribly and siren went off here in southeast Joplin. They blow the siren when winds are 70mph and it sure looked like it. Didn't lose any limbs this time.
Hope everyone is okay.
Sunny

o

It got really windy here for awhile too. We got 6/10. The news said there were trees down around Walnut Grove. Glenda - Did you have any damage?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here