Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
August Rain

Posted by christie_sw_mo Z6 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 6:39

We have about 1.5 inches in the rain gauge so far from last night's thunderstorm and still raining lightly.
Chloe alerted me every five seconds that it was thundering. So much for sleeping in on a Saturday.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: August Rain

So far, I have 1.25 inches and it is still raining lightly. I also see part of the sweet corn is laid over and some tall flowers.....I knew there was some wind. I got up at 2:30 am to unplug the computer and never went back to sleep; spent time in my easy chair reading I see a nap in my future!.

o

Isn't this just great?? I got up as well, Glenda, and unplugged things. Had a big lightning loss in April and never want to go through that again!

Had 2.5 inches in gauge about 30 min ago and it's still sprinkling. I see lawn mowers in our futures --
Sunny

o

We got another 1 1/4 inch last night and still a light sprinkle here. That totals a little over 7 inches of rain in a little over a week. Sure different from last year.

o

I got another 1.6 and I'm losing track of the total since this all started. When I looked this morning I thought did I forget to dump it last time. It is wonderful for August. I am not complaining but I think the tomatoes will start having problems in this warm humid weather. As I said before the Rose of Sharon is looking great. I had two front lawn mower tires flat and off the rims Friday and I am still working on that problem.

o

Wha???? Everything so wet this AM but no rain for overnight in gauge. ? (Maybe the squirrels are playing a trick on me---) looking much like rain very soon, though, as Intellicast map has a sea of green and yellow.

Hope everyone gets some of this -
Sunny

o

I didn't empty the rain gauge on Friday, there was an inch and a half, and just now there is an additional 3 inches, making it 4 1/2" this weekend. Still raining.

Sandy

o

I dumped out 2.8 and then 1/2. That's enough for me for awhile. I'm starting to worry about my basement again. Why does it always seem either too wet or too dry? lol

o

Adding another 1/2 to my total from last night/this morning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here