Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Did you get rain?

christie_sw_mo
13 years ago

My weatherdog woke us up early this morning to let us know there was thunder in the distance.

I think most of it missed us but we did get 2/10. That's better than nothing. Hoping we'll get another shower.

My yard had not been dry at all until this week with the 100 degree temps. That dries things up in a hurry and it's too hot to get out and water.

Comments (6)

• rmactavy
    13 years ago

Right this minute, YAY, RIGHT NOW IT'S RAINING! It was 106 yesterday with little hope. I don't know how long it will last but every drop is appreciated! Have you gotten any more since this morning?

My new baby rhubarb didn't make it. :-( I guess it was just too hot for it. I'll try a different variety next year. Any suggestions?

• gldno1
    13 years ago

We got some rain earlier; I haven't checked yet how much. We needed it badly.

I have a pot of Chipman's Canadian Red Rhubarb still in the pot that I have kept partly in the shade and kept it waters...still alive. I have lost so many plants I almost gave up but couldn't resist this healthy one from the feed store. I don't think I will plant it until the cooler weather of fall.

• helenh
    13 years ago

I got .9 inch and I really did need it. It has been a couple of weeks since I got rain. The weather man kept saying we could have pop up showers so I didn't spray my tomatoes. They never popped up until today. The tomatoes I got this week were ratty looking compared to last week. I had a crisis and still feel a little shaky from it. Annie was missing. I thought the worst and looked along the road for a little mangled body, but no Annie. I had already looked in the house, but did not see her. I didn't miss her until about 7 pm. Then I realized I hadn't seen her all day. I have been out all day today. After giving up and thinking I would never see her again, I looked in the house again. She was in a storage room down stairs. I don't even remember going in that room today. When there is thunder Annie is my shadow; she would not normally be in that room. She didn't bark or scratch on the door. Beau and I were very relieved. Beau helped me look up and down the road.

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Helen, I am so glad you found her! I know that feeling well.

• ceresone
    13 years ago

My Daughter lost her Shih-Tzu one evening, late. She had company, they left about 10:30 PM-then she missed her.We walked up and down roads in the area, hunted thru brush and blackberry vines, till 6 AM. She went home, collapsed in her recliner--and heard her!! Someone had sat in the recliner, reclined, and when they sat back up--closed her up inside it! She was patiently waiting. I know the feeling well, as well as the weak feeling when its O.K.

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ceresone - I never would've thought a dog could fit in there without getting broken bones. She was very lucky.
    Helen I'm glad you found Annie. I bet she was wondering what was taking you so long.
    We didn't get any more rain and I'm not seeing any in the forecast for awhile. I mowed almost the whole yard today. I need to get everything else caught up so I'll have time to water my plants this week. I used to have some of those Y-connectors so I could split off the garden hose but they've disappeared.