Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bradley Tomatoes

Posted by justuscountryfolks z8 Louisiana (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 07 at 10:05

Hope my friends to the north of me can give me a report on Bradley tomatoes. Seems as Arkansas Traveler is the one talked about more often and I have only good things to say about it as I grow it in my garden and it does very well. I am thinking about adding Bradley next year. I know it is popular around Warren, Ark but would like to hear from people who grew it in their garden. Thanks in advance and Happy Gardening!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bradley Tomatoes

Hi, Welcome to the ozarks forum. I've not heard of Bradley Tomatoes. Hope someone else has. When we lived in East TX we grew Homestead Tomatoes which grew well in that area. But did'nt do as well up here.
If you can get hold of Drusba heirloom tomato seeds. They also do well in the heat.
vickie

o

bradley is a pink 8-10 oz determinate tomato used for canning in the southern US. think it will do fine in your area. i have read positive reviews when it has been mentioned.

there is a tomato called creole developed in your area for your conditions. 78 days and is an indeterminate.

hope this helps.

william

o

Thanks guys for replying. I planted Homesteads last year and they did not do as well as in past years. Probably was just due to the weather conditions. I may try them again next year as I still have seeds. Creole tomatoe is one that does well in my area. I have been planting them for years. I recently was given some Bradley's by a friend who obtained them from around Warren, Ark and want to give them a try next year. Yes, I know it is a long way from planting time for 2008. LOL!
Happy Gardening

o

justuscountryfolks, Hey!! We're garden addicts too. I'll bet all of us have some things already planned for spring. Mine #1 plan is to plant a couple of tomatoes in large containers.
vickie

o

"Bradley" tomato did really well here during the drought.
My first year to grow it, so I don't know how it would perform under wetter conditions, which is what we had this year. "Homestead" tomato did not do well this year for me.
I am more interested in old, as in heirloom, southern peas this year. Can't seem to find a forum with much going about them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here