Hello

Looking for infomation on Little Rock

climate,zone ,thinking of moving there.

Thanks

Blueangel

Comments (5)

• bunny6
    15 years ago

I don't live in LR, but I live 70 miles Northwest of there in Russellville. The climate there is similar to my climate. In the winter, we have many days in the 40's or so, but we also have some snow and ice. In the summer, during July and August we get some days in the upper 90's and a little over 100 degree. This year we only have a week or so in the 99 and 100 degree. Our temperatures changes alot. It can be in the fifties in December then change to the 30. We do get a couple of hard freezes each year. I am barely in zone 7, so I am assumming LR is in Zone 7. We have a long growing period, and this year we have gotten alot of rain. I am sure someone will come along and give you a better description than me.
    Ann

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

BlueAngel - I've only visited Little Rock so I can't tell you much about it. I'm guessing summers are hotter than North Carolina.
    I will put a link to a website below that will give you statistics on Population, crime, climate, etc.
    It asks you to enter the zip code so maybe it will let you compare the different areas in Little Rock. Hope that helps.

I've also seen some pretty nifty Cost of Living calculators online that will let you compare different cities. I think if you search for "cost of living calculator" on Google.com it will have something.

Best of luck with your move. Be sure and join in the Ozarks forum if you do decide to move to Arkansas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moving.com

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

It might be helpful to compare it to where you're living now or another city if you're considering somewhere else also. I wasn't sure there was an easy way back to the start page from the link I gave you so I'll link this one where you can put in another city/state:

Here is a link that might be useful: Moving.com City Profile Report

• blueangel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bunny I looked online at some homes in
    Russellville, christie thanks for the link.

Blueangel

• bunny6
    15 years ago

Blueangle, If you like water and nature Russellville is a great place to live. I have lived in numerous places and states and Russellville is the cheapest to live in. It is surrounded by water on 2 sides: Lake Dardanelle and Arkansas River. It also has numerous state parks in town and near by. I use to come here on vacation when I lived in Texas. The town is over 20,000, and we are surrounded by other towns. Plus, we are half way between Little Rock and Forth Smith which I like. Any where you choose in Arkansas you can not go wrong. The state is beautiful and the people are friendly. Good Luck on your search!
    Ann

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert