Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just checked the radar : )

Posted by christie_sw_mo Z6 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 10:44

It looks very promising for you garden buddies in the Joplin area. I hope it stays together until it gets to me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just checked the radar : )

Hope you get some rain Christie. I just checked the radar and it's looking good for a little rain in Springfield. 80% chance tonight. woo hoo !!!!

o

Got nada here so far today. Looks like it once again split and went around Joplin. Maybe later or today or tomorrow. Sigh. As I go out and turn on the sprinklers again.

Sandy

o

You got cheated Sandy. It really looked like it couldn't miss.
We got a half-inch. It was dark to the north of me so Glenda might have gotten a good rain.
Not much on the radar right now but they haven't lowered the odds for tonight and tomorrow so maybe it will come around again. Hope so.

o

Glad some folks got some needed rain. It looked great here and ended up with maybe a tenth of an inch. Maybe tonite to tomorrow. I really thought Joplin was looking good but got missed.

o

We got a quarter inch, max. Bummer! Lake of the Ozarks, near Sunrise Beach.

o

Well I feel pretty lucky then. We got two more tenths early Sunday morning(?) for a grand total of 7/10.

I thought there was supposed to be a chance of rain again today but there's no rain chances until Friday and the highs are going to be around 90 so still no fall planting for me. I'm sure the ground is quite dry underneath.

o

I got l.6 inches and my friend in Joplin got over 2 inches. I am watching Issac. I am satisfied for now. I hope the bad pattern of everything going around us is over.

o

I thought I responded....sorry. We got a full half inch.

We are hoping Isaac will hit and track in the right way to give us some heavy rains.

I realized something else that thrives in this weather:

Bermuda Grass............I will be doing some mowing today.
It is taking over everywhere here.

o

I got 1.6 inch. With you, I'm looking forward to forecasted rain Friday and Saturday. Local weatherman says we need/needed? 8.35 inches to catch up on normal Joplin rainfall. Maybe Isaac will help out.

Meanwhile, yesterday I planted two 6 packs of lettuce and one of spinach plus mesclan seed for fall. Brussels sprouts are now ready to pull and the tomatoes have been leafing out again and have blossoms. Life goes on after a dry, hot summer, but I'll never forget it and my checkbook will certainly remember paying my water bills.
Sunny

o

Now the forecasts are getting scary, with the Gulf rains coming. 2-5 inches in one forecast, and another who thinks double that. Whoa.

It will only be a narrow band getting that, but could cause really big problems.

Hoping it's not us, but do hope we get a really good soaker. As I know you all do. :)

The pseudo-husband farmer man gave me this input.

What do you guys think?

o

It all depends on whether or not you are in a flood prone area. I like to play in the water and can hardly wait. If my basement floods I won't be happy but I'm not worried about it.

I do worry about the people in Louisanna. They showed them evacuating pets on the weather channel and old people from a nursing home. It makes me feel bad for those people. What would I do with six animals if I lived there. Here my animals could go up the hill and I don't have my mother to take care of with electricity off. Think of the old people with oxygen concentrators and CPAP machines.

o

It's a nightmare for those folks. Thinking of it is just horrible, so I can't even imagine being there. And for many, it's not the first time.

Tragic. I think Mother Nature is trying to say she wants the wetlands returned to wetlands. And I can't blame her, at the rate we're destroying the ecology of the planet.

Sorry to rant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here