Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Just checked the radar : )

christie_sw_mo
11 years ago

It looks very promising for you garden buddies in the Joplin area. I hope it stays together until it gets to me.

Comments (12)

• dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
    11 years ago

Hope you get some rain Christie. I just checked the radar and it's looking good for a little rain in Springfield. 80% chance tonight. woo hoo !!!!

• mosswitch
    11 years ago

Got nada here so far today. Looks like it once again split and went around Joplin. Maybe later or today or tomorrow. Sigh. As I go out and turn on the sprinklers again.

Sandy

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You got cheated Sandy. It really looked like it couldn't miss.
    We got a half-inch. It was dark to the north of me so Glenda might have gotten a good rain.
    Not much on the radar right now but they haven't lowered the odds for tonight and tomorrow so maybe it will come around again. Hope so.

• dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
    11 years ago

Glad some folks got some needed rain. It looked great here and ended up with maybe a tenth of an inch. Maybe tonite to tomorrow. I really thought Joplin was looking good but got missed.

• dowbright
    11 years ago

We got a quarter inch, max. Bummer! Lake of the Ozarks, near Sunrise Beach.

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well I feel pretty lucky then. We got two more tenths early Sunday morning(?) for a grand total of 7/10.

I thought there was supposed to be a chance of rain again today but there's no rain chances until Friday and the highs are going to be around 90 so still no fall planting for me. I'm sure the ground is quite dry underneath.

• helenh
    11 years ago

I got l.6 inches and my friend in Joplin got over 2 inches. I am watching Issac. I am satisfied for now. I hope the bad pattern of everything going around us is over.

• gldno1
    11 years ago

I thought I responded....sorry. We got a full half inch.

We are hoping Isaac will hit and track in the right way to give us some heavy rains.

I realized something else that thrives in this weather:

Bermuda Grass............I will be doing some mowing today.
    It is taking over everywhere here.

• sunnyside1
    11 years ago

I got 1.6 inch. With you, I'm looking forward to forecasted rain Friday and Saturday. Local weatherman says we need/needed? 8.35 inches to catch up on normal Joplin rainfall. Maybe Isaac will help out.

Meanwhile, yesterday I planted two 6 packs of lettuce and one of spinach plus mesclan seed for fall. Brussels sprouts are now ready to pull and the tomatoes have been leafing out again and have blossoms. Life goes on after a dry, hot summer, but I'll never forget it and my checkbook will certainly remember paying my water bills.
    Sunny

• dowbright
    11 years ago

Now the forecasts are getting scary, with the Gulf rains coming. 2-5 inches in one forecast, and another who thinks double that. Whoa.

It will only be a narrow band getting that, but could cause really big problems.

Hoping it's not us, but do hope we get a really good soaker. As I know you all do. :)

The pseudo-husband farmer man gave me this input.

What do you guys think?

• helenh
    11 years ago

It all depends on whether or not you are in a flood prone area. I like to play in the water and can hardly wait. If my basement floods I won't be happy but I'm not worried about it.

I do worry about the people in Louisanna. They showed them evacuating pets on the weather channel and old people from a nursing home. It makes me feel bad for those people. What would I do with six animals if I lived there. Here my animals could go up the hill and I don't have my mother to take care of with electricity off. Think of the old people with oxygen concentrators and CPAP machines.

• dowbright
    11 years ago

It's a nightmare for those folks. Thinking of it is just horrible, so I can't even imagine being there. And for many, it's not the first time.

Tragic. I think Mother Nature is trying to say she wants the wetlands returned to wetlands. And I can't blame her, at the rate we're destroying the ecology of the planet.

Sorry to rant.