Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

New digging tool : )

christie_sw_mo
15 years ago

You may remember that we lost one of our Shelties several weeks ago to cancer. This puppy was given away free because she has a heart defect and we couldn't bare to leave her. She has such a sweet personality and is full of energy. You'd never guess she's a weakling. The vet said she has a grade 3 heart murmur and you can actually feel it sort of vibrate sometimes when you're holding her. He said she may only live a few months or might live to be several years old so keep your hankies ready for me.

She's very smart and has already learned how to chase butterflies, dig into mole hills, catch her own tail, and piddle while being carried across the kitchen floor. : )

I've got that "what was I thinking" feeling so tell me she's cute. lol

Comments (12)

• helenh
    15 years ago

She is very cute. This sounds like it will be painful for you, but the puppy doesn't know. Dogs lives are too short as it is. You can never replace the ones you've lost, but you can give another a good home.

• epaoshaguy
    15 years ago

Yours is a kind heart christie...

• bunny6
    15 years ago

She is beautiful! It is painful no matter how long you have had a pet. I use to run nonprofit shelter for dogs and cats, and I would cry each time I gave one away. It is so easy to get atttached. She is a lucky dog to find you.

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

Rest well knowing you have given this pup the very best life they could ever experience. No matter how long that may be.
    Bonnie

• missfourseasons
    15 years ago

She is beautiful, Christie! I heard somewhere that some people think of their pets as guardian angels ... If that is so, this little girl has surely won you a place in heaven through your kind heart and love ... Just excellent!!

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

She is beautiful and I know she will bring you joy for however long she is with you. How kind of you to give her such a loving home while she's here. Bless you!

• gldno1
    15 years ago

christie, she is adorable. You did a kind and unselfish thing. I hope she lives a long life with your family.

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for you comments.
    She had a rough time getting through her vacinations last week. She was VERY lethargic and would barely raise her head. I was expecting her to be gone by the next morning and was dreading telling my kids. She's back to her perky self now but she sure had me worried.

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

Christie, I give mahala a big spoonful of yogurt every day on her food. It helps with her dry skin as well as her inside.
    She loves it and I always have those big tubs here any way.
    Bonnie

• helenh
    15 years ago

Is there any hope of her growing out of this? Does she have more shots yet to take? I think I might just give her the rabies vaccine if the she acted that sick.

• kaye
    15 years ago

What a sweet looking face and she certainly IS cute. "What was I thinking" came to mind when I got Buckwheat 2 years ago. I just kept telling myself that he will grow up. Took 2 years but he's perfect..well, almost.

• missfourseasons
    15 years ago

I've noticed that with my dogs, whenever they have to take any kind of medicine..including heartworm or even a new dose of Frontline, they seem to be more "mellow."

Love the idea of the yogurt, Bonnie! My new pup has the runs bad and the vet said it was some sort of intestinal infection obtained from living in a yard with lots of chickens! I just might mix some yogurt in with his puppy food now...