Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I had a puddle this morning.

Posted by christie_sw_mo Z6 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 11:02

I had a little puddle on my driveway this morning and the ground was wet except under my bigger trees where it's still dusty. Not enough rain to go through the leaves and hit the ground there. My rain gauge says we got almost a tenth. Maybe that'll give the moles someplace else to dig besides under the plants that I've been watering.

I got a lot of watering done yesterday. It stayed cloudy and felt cool even though it was in the 90's. I was in and out almost all day moving the hose around watering shrubs and trees. I have a few that look pretty crispy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I had a puddle this morning.

I thought one of your dogs did it when I read the title. No rain here but I'm glad you got a little. A tenth of an inch can add up if it runs off a building. My azaleas by the barn are something I don't want to lose. A little shower would water those plants. Lots of things are crispy here. I think it will take a tropical storm of some type to get enough rain. Also when I read your title I thought of puddles for butterflies. The insects and frogs are using the water I have in stock tanks and dog water. The boys have a kiddie pool which only Honey uses as a pool,but everything is drinking from it. The other night I saw two frogs in the dog water bowl. Wasps visit the water too.

o

No puddles here! the drive looked wet though.

We are still watering critical things only.

o

Not that kind of puddle thank goodness. lol
I didn't even have to dump out my raingauge. It just evaporated on its own.
I don't like being teased. I think it would be easier to take if there were no rain chances at all. I hate this 20 or 30 percent and then nothing.
I'm trying to water what I would miss the most and what would be the most difficult to replace. I still haven't watered my lawn at all.
Hope your azaleas make it Helen. The photos you posted this spring were sooo pretty.
Glenda - you haven't been posting as much so I've wondered if you're getting discouraged with gardening. I hope next year is easier. I've been getting discouraged myself and should cut down. My shade garden plants are sort of scattered around under different trees and it makes it hard to keep those watered. I need to dig up my favorites and put them all in one bed then get rid of the rest.

o

Christie I don't believe the weatherman anymore, but I'll take any drop that happens to fall. If we get rain it will take something more than a thunderstorm. To me it is depressing like something is wrong. Last Feb. was the first time I got the big black dogs in the house for cold and this is the first time I have let them in for heat. Honey gets to come in every afternoon. I still have to entice Blackie and then push him in the door. Beau is learning it is pretty nice in the house. Forget sweeping the floor. The rest of their time is spent in a dust hole.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here