Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Forecasted rain from Isaac

christie_sw_mo
11 years ago

I found this map on the NOAA site that shows the rain impact from Isaac after it moves completely through. Right now it looks like we'll be lucky to see a half inch unless it goes farther west than they're predicting.

Illinois and Indiana are going to get some rain from it though. It's pretty amazing that it can have such an impact that far north.

Here is a link that might be useful: NOAA - predicted rain from Isaac

Comments (8)

• helenh
    11 years ago

That is a nice map. I've been looking for Issac info and didn't come up with anything that useful. Even if we don't get much rain it will help the region. The Mississippi is reportedly low.

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The map's been updated since this morning and they've shifted it to the west a little which helps us. Glad it didn't shift the other direction. The bands are narrow so it's hard to tell, but I think Springfield is in the light blue area that's supposed to get 1.25 to 1.5. I'd take that. : )

• helenh
    11 years ago

Our weatherman showed lines for all the models and several of them go near this area. He is forecasting a good chance of rain by the weekend if it follows the models.

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

They've edged it a little farther west and we're in the purple now so surely the rain won't miss us.
    I did hear them say this morning that the storm had stalled out over Louisiana and wasn't moving at all.

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I don't like how that center circle of heavy rain keeps getting closer on the map. I know we could use 8 or 9 inches but I'd rather not get it all at once.

• helenh
    11 years ago

Christie this is a great map. Now it is giving me less rain. I like it that it updates for us.

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I wish they would update it more often. Yesterday afternoon I was starting to wonder if we would get much more than we wanted, then when I looked at the map this morning they had cut the totals down again.
    I'm pretty certain that our basement will stay dry. But will I have to sleep next to my thunder-dog and will I have to throw Captain Crunch out in the grass while it's raining to get them to go outside to pee tomorrow? : )
    Jackson is the best at tracking in mud. He has huge feet and can make a remarkable number of muddy footprints in my house before it starts to finally wear off. It's weird how so much mud can stick to his feet; like hiking boots. It takes a team effort to catch him as he runs in and wipe his feet off. He'd rather tear around the house like his tail's on fire and leave a trail.

• sunnyside1
    11 years ago

Oh, Christie, I need to laugh!! That was so funny, about his muddy feet -- and the Thunder Dog. You will look back on this and laugh, I'll bet.

I hopehopehope we are going to see Isaac go to the west, a little, becuse Kansas needs what it can get and because I do, too, as well! HOPE we have 2 inches, at least, for all the suffering Isaccs caused the LA people -- I hope we have a good start on ending our rainfall deficit. We'll have to come back about Saturday and report our rainfall. Looking forward to good news. Best wishes to everyone --
    Sunny

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!