Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

rain

helenh
11 years ago

I got .8 inch so I am in a better mood. I hope you get some .

Comments (16)

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

Glad you got a good rain Helen. It looked like we might for a little while this morning but it fizzled before it got here. I don't like the way they're dopping the rain chances for the weekend. Still a chance for tonight but I don't see anything on its way on the radar.

• dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
    11 years ago

didn't get a drop Helen but glad you did at least. One of these days maybe.
    Keith

• gldno1
    11 years ago

Sprinkled hard for about 10 seconds....didn't even wet the drive. Glad you got some; it gives us all hope.

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

That first round of thunderstorms yesterday evening missed us. We got lots of thunder and wind but less than a tenth of an inch or rain. There's 9/10 in my rain gauge this morning though. Yay! Hope everyone has some rain to report.
    I had a couple celosia plants that had fallen over but weren't broken so I propped them back up. Other than that no damage at all.

• mosswitch
    11 years ago

Got a half inch in the middle of the night here but the main storms missed us. Can't say I'm sorry about that as they seem to have done quite a bit of damage.

What we got sure did a lot of good but we need a lot more!

Sandy

• helenh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I forgot to dump the gauge last time but I think I got an additional .7 inch. I don't have any damage. On the OK forum a woman from Grove spoke of damage. Those Vietnamese people in Carthage were rained on. I don't know if I'd mind a storm if I were in 107 degree weather which was the Joplin high yesterday.

• sunnyside1
    11 years ago

The only damage I had was a live tree limb down from the old ash tree. It was pretty heavy and I went out early and got everything off the main limb to burn when I can. It fell in my shady fern/hosta/dogwood garden (Green Room) but there was no damage to anything, thankfully.

There was 1/2 inch in the rain gauge. Amazing how everything perked up! Even the Zoysia looked more alive -- and wasn't it great to not have to water everything?
    Sunny

• gldno1
    11 years ago

We got lots of wind and terrible lightening here. The good news is we also got slightly over 1/2 inch of rain.

Lightening ran in my router and fried it so no internet until yesterday evening. Christie, you probably already know this but I wasn't thinking about the cord from the receiver on top of the house from Total Wireless needs to be unplugged from the back of whatever.....the surge protector doesn't help it. Duh........
    TW sent me to PC Solutions in Republic where I bought a new one that they programmed for me. I will go back there for repairs, supplies or new equipment next time it is needed!

It also did something to the living room television Directv receiver; serviceman is due out this morning.

Gardenwise nada.

• dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
    11 years ago

gldno1, we got a little less than 1/2" of rain but about .2 a couple days before in south Springfield. Did plant some carrots, beets, onions, and beans in a new lasagna bed just to see if I can learn about fall planting. I hope the heat will not burn everything up.

• helenh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am sorry about all your damage Glenda. My computer is running slow and acting funny. It drives me crazy when something is wrong with the computer. Not having TV is bad if you enjoy watching the Olympics.

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

Hope you get your tv working again Glenda. We've been lucky and have never had lightening run in our house. I try to uplug a few things when it's storming but I'm not as careful about it as I should be.
    Glad you didn't get any plant damage from your tree limb Sunny. It must've fallen in the right spot.

It's dry again already! I walked around the yard late yesterday afternoon and noticed how dusty the ground looks where there is no grass. I only watered my containers yesterday morning but I think I'll be back to watering stuff in the ground today.

We could see the smoke from the fire in western Greene county yesterday afternoon. I was in Springfield shopping with my daughter and thought it was the power plant at first. As we drove home I realized it was too far west to be the power plant. The news said it burned 160 acres near Halltown and called it a "brush fire". Glad it wasn't windy yesterday. I'm sure it would've much harder to get it under control if it was. Did anyone else see the smoke?

• mosswitch
    11 years ago

Still no rain. Clouded up nicely today and moved south of us.

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

Sorry it missed you Sandy. It rained over a larger area yesterday so it must've been close.
    We got over an inch here. I was just thrilled! It's too late for some plants though.

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

Sorry it missed you Sandy. It rained over a larger area yesterday so it must've been close.
    We got over an inch here. I was just thrilled! It's too late for some plants though.

• sunnyside1
    11 years ago

Sandy, surely it rained on you about 5:15 PM yesterday?? Helen, I'm pretty sure you were in it's path? We got sprinkles through sun - and I really hated to miss all that green on the radar. This morning, though, I had about 1/4 inch in gauges, so I'm not going to water plants. And it's cool. YES!
    Sunny

• mosswitch
    11 years ago

Nope, it didn't rain here until almost midnight. We only got 1/8 inch. Cooler this morning tho, that's nice. Most of it went south of us, as usual.

Sandy

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths