Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetwm007

Ceresone- where are you?

sweetwm007
15 years ago

i enjoy reading all your posts and have been looking forward to your tomato report for this yr.

hope all is well.

william

Comments (5)

• ceresone
    15 years ago

Oh, I'm around, just not in much, cause I'm on dial-up still, and this site is more difficult to load than it used to be.
    Tomatoes have done so-so-not a good year for tomatoes around here. Still, I put up all the salsa, etc that I needed. Next year--next year--hear me--I'm planting 12 tomato plants!!! The only difference this year, was I didnt order "Tomatoes Alive" from Gardens Alive. My tomatoes developed a type of rot I've never seen before.
    But--its a good year for that--I lost all my stone fruit to brown rot, despite spraying, etc. Did get about a bushel of peaches up first. Also have put up 3 + bushels of apples from one tree. 2 more trees to go.

Pears next. Also "put up" 2 and half bushels corn, green beans, carrots (ever dry carrots??)and all the rest of garden.
    Frankly, I feel like a squirrel.
    Everyone enjoying this lovely August weather? Remember, last year this time is was 100 degrees.
    Nice to know I was missed, William.

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

I missed you too Ceresone! : ) Hope you stick around. Did you notice how active the Ozarks forum has been lately?
    I've been using thumbnails mostly now when I post photos. Hope those are quicker to load for people still on dial-up. I wonder how many people have quit Gardenweb because of their slow connection. Hopefully there will be enough wireless towers someday so that even people out in the boonies will be able to get high speed internet. I know a lot of progress has been made in that direction. We signed up with Total Wireless, had an antenna put on the roof and we are sooo glad not to have to deal with a slow dial-up connection anymore.
    Sounds like you've been pretty busy with your garden. How do you dry carrots?

• bunny6
    15 years ago

Hope you don't mind me going in. Hi Ceresone I am Ann. I thought it was my old computer the reason it was taking longer to load in. Do you get a lot of pop ups? I do and they are slowing the connection down. It would not do me any good to get high speed internet, because my computer is old. I want a new one, DH keeps fixing the thing every time it breaks. Hope you all have a good day!

• gldno1
    15 years ago

bunny6, have you tried Mozilla Firefox as your browser instead of Internet Explorer. I don't get popups or ads at all and find it is much faster. It is a free downloand.

Ceresone, you all sure will eat good this winter! I have had the best tomato year in a long time. I have been making salsa, catsup and canning lots of them. I have decided my strange tomato is the ananais noire or black pineapple. I didn't mark a couple of them. If I am right, they are truly delicious, very sweet. I have saved seeds for next year.

There seems to be lots of variance in how they look when ripe.

christie, I am loving Total Wireless too!

• sweetwm007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

good to hear from you.

this was not a great yr for me either. we had worms in our tomatoes. first time this has happened to me. there were a couple of good finds though. dr wyche's yellow and brandy boy f1. aunt gertie's gold is still my favorite.

we put up green beans,tomatoes, corn, squash and my wife made about 48 jars of pickles. okra is really starting to jump now. we still have peppers and eggplant in containers. just started a second crop of cukes but i don't know why!?

12 tomaoes next yr? yeah, right!

the only time i dryed a carrot was in the ground.

take care.

william