Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pictures N Greene Park in Springfield

Posted by helenh z6 MO (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 3, 09 at 14:25

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I like the look of this fennel and it is easy to grow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pictures N Greene Park in Springfield

I like it better than my bronze fennel. I wonder if it self seeds everywhere like the bronze does?

It looks dry in the pictures. I thought Springfield was getting more rain than us.

o

Wow, Helen -- that's beautiful. I've never seen fennel and it sure looks like yarrow, doesn't it?
Nice photo
Sunny

o

Sunny up close it looks like dill to me or maybe I don't know my herbs very well. I have some in pots. Mine is not that big, but I did have the butterfly larvae earlier on mine. It is host to a pretty butterfly; I forgot which.

o

Very Pretty!
I have trouble telling dill from fennel. Black Swallowtails use both of those.
Hilltop Farm in Ash Grove had a big mature Bronze Fennel growing in one of their display gardens that I thought was stunning. I bought one there and it's mature now, but I don't think mine has gotten as pretty as theirs. It may be too crowded. I like the look of the one above with mulch around it instead of crowded in with other plants like mine is.
The plant on the right looks like some kind of agastache maybe. Did it have a marker?

o

Yes I think it is agastache rupestens or something like that. In the garden the orange of the portulaca was picking up the color of the agastache flowers. Also the bluish foliage looked good with the flower color. I have that in my garden by accident some times; the colors will just be right. I don't plan so it is a happy coincidence.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here