Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Lowe's bargains

christie_sw_mo
11 years ago

I hit the clearance table at Lowe's and bought a couple things that had been marked down to a dollar. I got two pots of gaillardia 'Mesa Yellow' and one pot of Veronica 'Atomic Lavender'. It's hard to resist. I've never grown veronica. Please say it's heat tolerant.

I've been watching for containers marked down. I'd like to find some five gallon-ish sized pots that are the light weight ones - the ones that look like concrete but they're really some kind of foam. If anyone sees some around the Springfield area, let me know.

Comments (4)

• helenh
    11 years ago

I have too much work to do in my garden to want to buy new plants. My day lilies that I purchased this year are in pots, but they have been safer there than in the ground. I love whiskey barrels; they sure do take lots of potting mix though. I have lots to clean up. It is still too hot for me to tackle digging a hole.

• gldno1
    11 years ago

Christie, look up hypertufa pots and make your own. I did several years ago and they lasted until I hit the last one with the mower. You could use a 5-gallon bucket for the form.

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tempting glenda. I may have to give it a try. You use peat and concrete mix right? I probably have enough of both of those around somewhere to make one.
    Helen - I have a lot of clean up to do too. : ( I have to plant new stuff to get me through it though.
    I forgot - I bought a daylily for a buck also. It was 'Pardon Me'. I'll wait until we get some more rain and cool weather to plant my new stuff.

• gldno1
    11 years ago

Also perlite! I bet your kids would like this project.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?