Here is a peak at my corner of the world...some recent, some around a year old

{{gwi:1117970}}

{{gwi:1117972}}

{{gwi:1117974}}

Here is a link that might be useful: G5 Farms

Comments (8)

• helenh
    15 years ago

Were those accidents something to do with your epa osha job? Makes me think backing into a stump is not so bad. Is LeRoy part corgi? A border collie on a road I travel chases my truck. It has the same intense look as Nikki. When I had cattle, I loved to find baby calves. The white face calves have clean white faces with long eye lashes so pretty.

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

Back when I was married, My main job in the spring was to take care of the babies. I so enjoyed the new life on the farm.
    I however was so afraid of this huge bull we had. He was so big he would lean on the big telephone pole type of corner post and snap them off at the ground. My husband would walk up to him and rub his head. Not me I always gave him a wide berth.
    Husband thought it would be funny to let the truck roll away from the gate I was closing w/said bull in close range. Well I can run quite fast when need be.
    Those farm accidents look awful. Did you mean they were drinking while operating the machinery? Wow really... dumb.
    You all have a very beautiful place.
    Bonnie

• bunny6
    15 years ago

The top picture is very pretty. I like the fog or what ever it is coming out of the mountains. You have a very nice farm. The baby calf is so cute! My grandmother raised cows and I miss petting a baby calf. She also, had a mean bull.

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

Bunny, sorry didn't mean to imply the bull was mean. He wasn't. He just scared the be gebers outta me. I figure if he could snap a corner post he could snap me too if he wanted.
    Bonnie

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Enjoyed the pictures. You have a beautiful farm.

There is nothing prettier than seeing glossy, healthy cattle on pasture. I just took our granddaughter over the farm on the ATV to see our black cows....on deep green grass. It always makes me happy. Did see one little one limping so we have to keep an eye on him.

Loved that first picture with the woods and mountains.

• epaoshaguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The tractor crashes were sent to me by a friend. My epa/osha practice was with general industry. I've investigated some forklift and crane accidents that make you scratch your head and wonder "now how in the heck could that have ever happened." Kinda like the tractor sittin on its loader!!!
    Yea, Leroy is a corgi....most worthless animal I've ever had (was a gift to my daughter)...Now Niki on the other hand...all bussiness..all the time....
    Thanks for all the compliments...we live about 1 mile from the national forest..very little traffic till deer season...we have more neighbors than we did 29 years ago, but I guess thats progress...
    We cooked a chicken dinner tonite for around 600 people; to kick off our football season...and I'm bushed..think I'll take me a nap...
    Nite All

• missfourseasons
    15 years ago

What a busy and fulfilling life you have, Epaoshaguy! Really enjoyed the pictures!! When I move back, can I come visit?

• epaoshaguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

missfourseasons....visitors are always welcome!!!!