Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So this is August??

Posted by kaye 7a AR (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 24, 08 at 21:05

I don't remember a cooler, wetter August in years. The garden is loving it..and I am, too.

Banana trees and elephant ears are loving all the moisture.

Ferns that are usually dormant this time of year are flourishing..

Buckwheat says this is one cool summer..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So this is August??

OH my, you have a great oasis. I love tropical.
Bonnie

o

very nice but it hasn't been cool here.

william

o

I love the elephant ears under the banana plants. Yes, we are getting spoiled this year. I was looking for a buckwheat plant until I scrolled down. You have to have a helper dog.

o

I swear, Kaye...your yard looks like you are living with me! Very nice!

o

Kaye, we have had one of our driest Augusts...temps have been cool, but the rains have passed us by.

You do look like a tropical paradise.

o

Beautiful! How tall are those bananas? They look huge!

It's getting a little dry here too but anything under 90 in August is nearly a miracle so I'm not going to complain. I don't think we've 100 yet this year and may not now.

o

August this year has been great! We had numerous days of rain and maybe more to come. The flowers are loving it. I love your flower gardens. Especially the bananas tree. I also liked your little helper. Do you have to dig up your bananas tree and elphant ears each for winter?
Ann

o

• Posted by kaye 7a AR (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 25, 08 at 17:50

Thanks everyone. By cool, I meant cooler than normal for this part of the country. Had a good rain again yesterday. It's seemingly keeping the temps down..but the humidity up. 83 in late August ain't bad!

The taller banana trees are about 15' high but the pups are only about half that. We do dig up and store the trees and elephant ears. Beerhog has a story to tell about the "grandaddy" he dug up last fall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here