Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bird of Prey

Posted by epaoshaguy 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 27, 08 at 23:04

Shot this a while back...looked into a clear blue sky and saw a hawk fly by.....
Bird of Prey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bird of Prey

How did you get the shadow to show up like that?

o

How did you get that shadow? Nice picture!

o

Good shot! When we brush hog, a Red-Tail Hawk or two follow the tractor hoping we will scare up food. Lots of fun to watch them swoop down and catch dinner. Once I saw one get a rabbit and it was too large for him to carry off. When I left, he was still sitting there guarding it.

o

Nice photo.
We got to watch a pair raise it's hatchling this year.
They had relocated to a tree in this area after the ice storm.
The children and I would watch them hunt and fly. Nice to see on cold day's when we couldn't go outside.
I hope they come back next spring.
Do you get to see a lot of them down where you are?
Bonnie

o

OK it is two hawks, right?

o

As supreme as the hawk may be....he will still submit to the constant harassment of the true king of the sky.....

the crow....

I first heard the crows taunting this hawk while he was in a tree.....finally he couldn't take the pressure and left...three crows chased him for a distance...this one followed him nearly out of sight.
I accidently deleted the best shot...one crow had his wings folded back in a dive posture headed for the hawk...bummer.....

o

I have some dead sycamores (really tall) that the crows and buzzards use for a perch. I know crows are hated but I love them. They have a variety of noises that they make like they are talking.

o

There are alot of hawks here...most are red tails, but their are other species...I don't know what type. Some years we have eagles winter over as well.
Crows are very intellegent and agressive...they defend their territory against all others. There is power and safety in numbers....
Its pretty cool to see these hawks....and to hear one call out...with that high pitched peircing scream....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here