Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

Have you heard the forecast for this week

helenh
11 years ago

My TV weatherman says lots of rain. I missed rain last week so my soil needs it. It is all going north of me tonight but there are more chances coming. I hope it comes true.

Comments (5)

• gldno1
    11 years ago

We are supposed to get rain almost all week but have better chances, 70%, today and tonight. It rained some this morning but has stopped now. I got up at 3:35 AM to unplug the computer. Don't know if it was measurable or not.

We could use rain again too. I pulled a few weeds while picking beans and noticed about 4 inches down it was getting dry again.

• sunnyside1
    11 years ago

I don't even mind mowing again, if it rains. Imagine that! We got a "trace" in south Joplin last night. Could do without the heavy wind, but lots more rain would be welcome. I watered flower beds yesterday for the first time in a long time. Had 3.3 inches in the rain gauge here the last time we had a big rain.
    Am enjoying the cool evenings and sunny, cool/er days.
    Sunny

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

We got thunder and almost a half inch of rain. My dog was freaking out so I got up and checked the radar. The thunderstorm that went over my house was small so I feel lucky that it didn't miss me.
    We were just starting to need rain. I planted a few things late yesterday evening and I was thinking that I would water them this morning but now I don't have to.

• helenh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I had about .3 inch total before the sprinkle today. TV 12 said I would get 2 plus inches. I didn't believe them last summer when they forecast rain, but this time I fell for it.

• gldno1
    11 years ago

Helen,I don't pay attention to them anymore. Some of our heaviest rains have been when they told us they would be light or not at all.

We did get another 1/2 inch yesterday morning very early. I noticed for the first time in a very long time that it was way too wet to do any heavy mowing on the fields or even lawn mowing over the mole runs.

I thought sure there would be heavy rains down your way.

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor