Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose of sharon pictures

Posted by helenh z6 MO (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 2, 08 at 0:36

Click to enlarge. Please add pictures of yours.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose of sharon pictures

I love them all!

I have Diana and the double pink. I also have a very pale double pink that is just a couple of years old.

I see the June Bugs or Japanese Beetles are appreciating them too.

o

Aphrodite and the lavender pictures are from July because they have finished blooming. I wanted to show all the kinds I have. The JP beetles are gone; it is good that they aren't around all summer. Why don't you take a picture of your pale pink if it is still blooming.

o

Your Rose of Sharons are just beautiful, I like the
double pink and all the rest too. I have a single pink, that is about 4 or 5 years old and a double white
just 2 years. They bloom so long and attract butterflies.
Thanks for sharing. Happy gardening, caroline

o

Caroline get Diana if you don't have it. It is the white one; it is a sterile plant so no seed heads and longer blooming.

o
RE: Rose of sharon pictures and salvia

I found a picture from a couple of weeks ago of the light pink double Lady Stanley rose of sharon. The whole bush pic didn't show the color or detail well, but the bloom is exactly as it is.

Also adding a picture I found of the salvia B & B. This just shows the top...it isn't quite that yellow green, but it does have a touch of yellow in the foliage color. My clump is about 3x3feet. I rarely deadhead it.

o

I haven't seen that rose of sharon in my usual haunts. It is dainty looking. Black and blue would fit in my yard. Thanks for the ideas.

o

helen, got it on sale at Wal-Mart a couple of years ago, bought two, but the other one is about 12 inches tall!

o

gldmo, your flowers are beautiful, thanks for sharing.
helen, I will watch for the diana, it is sure pretty.
I have lots of flowr beds but , soon to run out of
places to plant. I have a golden spirea reblooming
and other blooms here and there. Happy gardening,caroline

o

I took a couple of quick shots of my other two rose of sharons.

I think they are just seedlings from what I have, but they are different types and colors.

o

They look good to me. The bottom one looks like Aphrodite. Do you prune yours, Glenda? Some of mine want to tip over for some reason. The white with red eye that I have was cut back drastically and it bloomed better than usual. Does anyone have a blue one? We need a picture. I am not answering your getting ready for winter post because I haven't done a thing yet.

o

I don't prune and really should. My double darker pink like yours is probably 10-15 feet tall. It is really like a tree with lots of trunks. I leave it that way because it is part of what I loosely call the front shrub border next to the road and it keeps my East yard very private.

I swear I had a double blue on the west side of the yard near the road, but it seems not so blue and a white with red eye double has grown up along side it.......all badly needing cutting. You can't kill them. I cut one down by the smokehouse a few years ago and it was back up and blooming by late summer. I finally removed it completely.

You have given me a good idea. I will chain saw down the ones on the west and let them regrow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here