Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

Where is Everybody?

gldno1
14 years ago

I think our forum needs a boost or a shot of adrenalin!

What's happening out there? Are you all into harvest so heavily that you don't have time? I miss hearing from you all at least weekly.

Should we start another Journal?

glenda

Comments (7)

• rockguy
    14 years ago

Cabool here. Fall is just around the corner. Saving seeds and finishing canning.

• Violet_Z6
    14 years ago

Getting ready to plant garlic. Just started a bit of fall clean up.

gldno1, I've very much enjoyed seeing your plants grow.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Nothing exciting going on here. I have a slight case of end-of-year-garden-burnout but I'm sure it will go away. : )
    There are several people who haven't posted lately. Hope you all will check in and say Hi so we know you're still around and ok.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OK, that's better!

Violet, glad you mentioned the garlic....I have my this year's crop and need to replant some soon. I do see a few seedlings in the strawberries....I think I will just let them stay but do a new row somewhere.

Rockguy, glad to see your post. Please keep returning. I am saving seeds too. I forgot to save seeds of my hesperis matronalis as requested. Darn it. They are in an out-of-the-way spot is my only excuse.

Christie, me too. I made myself start cleaning up some beds. Not cutting off tops of perennials, but yanking some long done annuals and weeds.

Mowed yesterday in a cloud of dust due to the mole runs and no rain. I won't have to do that again for a long time if we don't get some rain soon.

• mulberryknob
    14 years ago

Sure wish we could send you some of our rain. It is raining today and has rained everyday since last Friday, but have only gotten .8 in all that time. But that brings Sept's total to almost 12" I can't mow tho I really need to just cuz it's too wet. I would gladly share if I could.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I wish you could share too! We got another very light shower yesterday.

I heard the weatherman talking low 40's soon. Fall is here.

I really do love this weather.

I moved a phlox that was buried in among other things and the ground was pretty dry and hard. I carried a bucket of water to it. Also moved a pink iris that I missed by the bird bath. That ground stays too wet for it. My white iris Immortality is blooming better now than it did in spring. That's a first for it to do that; must like cool weather.

Glenda

• helenh
    14 years ago

I have been getting enough rain lately, but my tomatoes all split. I brought them in intending to make salsa, but lots rotted. The Yvonne's salvia is looking much better since I started getting rain. My best flowers are the ones that pop up by themselves - wildflowers and late reseeded annuals. I have lots of weeds and don't care. Many of my plants - phlox, monarda and others have lots of spots and ugly foliage. The walnut tree makes me sweep the sidewalk everyday. I have not seen Puffy in a few days and hope he shows up.

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz