Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My kudzu

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 3, 11 at 6:17

That is the first thing that came to mind when I went to get the mail a few days ago. You have to give morning glories credit. I tossed these seeds in the ditch and they have received nothing but what Mother Nature gave them. It is Grandpa Ott's and a blue one.

This is also the reason I never ever plant them in the yard anymore.

Note: A day later, the road crew came by and mowed them down!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My kudzu

What a shame they mowed it down. I'm sure it was kinda nice to see all that lush green growth and the lovely blue flowers when you went out to get your mail. I bet they dropped a few seeds for next year though.

o

Love the Heavenly Blue but you have to wait for late summer for it to bloom. It would be sad to see it mowed. I think you have had more moisture there for sure. Weeds are wilting here.

o

Beautiful and I agree, sad to see them go I bet. Especially considering how nice they look compared to everything else all dried out everywhere.

o

My morning glories always have holes in their leaves. I viewed your album. What are the pods in the bottles?

o

I should have labeled those pics. I just set up a bottle of DIY vanilla. That is vanilla bean pods in a bottle of vodka.
I have never done it before. It will take two months for it to 'make'. It already smells good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here