Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

It's Raining!!

gldno1
15 years ago

At last a serious rain began falling...very, very happy.

Is everyone else getting drenched?

Comments (10)

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

It's not raining here right now but with yesterday's sprinkles and the rain overnight, we got almost 1/2 inch. The NOAA forecast said we could get 2 to 3 inches today and three to four more tonight(?). That sounds like a little too much. Maybe it was three to four total. Are you folks in Arkansas getting more than you need?

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

Yes, has been here is late last p.m.
    Great for my new grass that is coming up.
    Bonnie

• bunny6
    15 years ago

I am getting soaked! Rain and wind started yesterday, and now it is coming down steadily. My large ditch is about a foot deep and water is standing on top of the ground. Also, I got small and medium tree limbs coming down from my large oak trees. I'll have a clean up job when this is all over with. I hope my plants can handle all this rain.

• helenh
    15 years ago

I got .9 of nice slow rain and no wind. The plants are perking up. I am sorry you have damage bunny. It is looking like fall in my yard. I have walnut trees that have been losing leaves for a while.

• sweetwm007
    15 years ago

it has rained over 4 inches since about 4 pm yesterday and more is forecast for the next 2 days. there goes our road.

william- in yellville

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

Gustav has brought us 3.7" so far. We're still getting a light drizzle but I think it's about done. It rained slow and soaked in so I could almost put the garden hoses away for the summer except for watering my containers.
    William - Do you get cut off when you get heavy rain?

• gldno1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am wondering about Marion in Arkansas who posts here now and then. I know her road washes out badly. Marion, if you are checking in, please let us know how you fared.

I had just over 3 inches this morning, but had a petunia leaning over the can....so may have lost some due to that.

It has been a wonderful rain, coming down slow and easy.

The poor Floridians are poised for another bad storm.

• ceresone
    15 years ago

Well, at 8 am this thursday morning, my rain gauge has recorded 7 and 1/4 inches of beautiful rain--and still pouring down!!!
    I love a rainy, or snowy day, after farm chores are done, I can settle down with a good book and not feel guilty.
    Should really help the fall cabbages I set out in august.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Marian, sorry I spelled your name wrong....my hand is quicker than my brain...I should have been slower with that send key.

ceresone, I figured you were getting hit pretty heavy. I think everyone south did. I feel exactly like you about the bad weather....no guilt here either...except I am not sure about my book being a good read.

• sweetwm007
    15 years ago

through today we have had 6 inches. our road just gets washed out but we are not cut off.

william