Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Japanese Gardens - Pics from fall festival

Posted by christie_sw_mo Z6 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 11, 08 at 9:59

I took my youngest two kids to the Japanese Fall Festival at Nathanael Greene Park in Springfield that was over the weekend.

They had music, martial arts, a kimono demonstration, tea ceremony, face painting, crafts and games for the kids, etc.

This is the Hibiki Taiko Japanese Drummers

Dozer and Dotti:

Photos from the stroll garden:

They also had vendor booths with Japanese souveniers, bonzai and other plants:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
video of Hibiki Taiko drummers

I think if you click the image below, it will play a short video with sound (if I did it right).

o
RE: Japanese Gardens - Pics from fall festival

Well it worked when I previewed it but now it won't, so maybe it's something that you would have to sign in for. If I figure it out, I'll try again. Sorry

o

christie, that Park just amazes me. How I missed it all these years is beyond me. Now I see they are having daylily and hosta sales the 12th and I probably won't be able to go. Just as well since I finally got everything in the ground.

I keep hoping to find an Indian Giver daylily. They didn't have it last year, I may have to give in and pay the $10 from a nursery.

Thanks for the pictures. BTW, how old are the youngest now?

o

My youngest are almost 11 now - a boy and a girl (twins). Hard to believe so much time has gone by. It's difficult to get teenagers interested in doing family things but the younger ones still like to get out and go places - as long as I give them enough time to save their game on the Playstation first. lol

I didn't know about the daylily and hosta sale.

I think there is a garden tour for the Garden Railroad Club this weekend. My son would like that. He doesn't care for the garden part of it but he does like trains.

o

christie, they are growing up fast. You are right in a couple of years they will not enjoy the family outings nearly as much.

Looks like Wickman's is having a big blowout too. Their entertainment may be geared to younger children than yours.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hosta and Daylily Sales

o

Christie-the Japanese Fall Festival looked like alot of fun. When my son was younger, we use to attend alot of festivals, but now that he is 15 he finds it boring. I miss those days.
Ann

o

It looks like you had a fun day. Maybe your kids are picking up a little bit of appreciation for a garden. My mother got me interested in gardening when I was a kid. We lived in San Diego and she was a country girl stuck in the city. Our lot was full of flowers. It is a good hobby - keeps you moving and interested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here