Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Railroad tour

Posted by christie_sw_mo Z6 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 22, 08 at 10:11

Here's a few photos from the garden railroad tour in Springfield a couple weeks ago. There were a few listed that were in area towns, Ozark, Mt. Vernon, Fordland, and (I can't remember where else) that I didn't go to. There was more railroad than garden but I still enjoyed going and my son thought it was great of course. Some of them used small plants to try to keep it in scale. There were some interesting little sedums and things like that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Railroad tour

I never knew there was such a thing as a garden railroad tour. I love the bird houses on rustic wood. I bought the bentwood trellis book, but I have never made anything. I keep thinking I will make something out of hedge because it would last.

o

I love the birdhouses and the pump water fountain. I have all I need to make one, except the pump.....but haven't done it yet.

Helen, I keep thinking the same thing about the hedge saplings. I if could find some really slender ones...they would last indefinitely.

o

I like the water pump. I have a small pond.

Gldno-I got my pump from Wal-Mart. You would need a high volume pump to pump that much water that is coming out of the facet. I have lights around mine and it is relaxing to sit out at night and listen to the waterfall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here