Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Surprise Reblooms

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 10:31

My plants think it is spring instead of fall. I have blooms on things since the rain that I haven't had before.

The flowering quince,

The Henryi Clematis.

another viticella clem that I think always does a light re-bloom,

and kerria japonica, double blossom,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Surprise Reblooms

My mock orange is blooming lightly. We need a nice fall to recover from our ordeal last summer.

o

You made me go look at my clematis plants. I don't have any flowers but I do have a few buds on one of them.
It's nice to see so many things recovering. My Purple Dome asters looked so bad this summer I thought they were diseased. They have lots of new green leaves now so I'm hoping they will go ahead and bloom. If not, then next year at least. I was sure they were goners a month ago.
Helen - you're right. I feel like we deserve an easy fall and winter too after that.

o
RE: Surprise Reblooms- two more

The "new" honeysuckle that appeared in the middle of my red honeysuckl last year is blooming again. It is very fragrant; so far, the red one isn't.

Photobucket

Also the Jackmanii Superba has one bloom but more buds,

Photobucket

o

If they bloom together it doesn't matter that one is not fragrant. My L. serotina expensive little honeysuckle start is just sitting there doing nothing; maybe it will take off one of these days. I love the smell of honeysuckle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here