Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Did you lose many plants this summer?

christie_sw_mo
11 years ago

I lost my Pink Champagne currant which is frustrating because it made it through last summer's heat and I was hoping it would be big enough to bare fruit soon. I planted it Spring 2010. Last year it lost its leaves in late summer but returned this spring. This time the whole top of the plant has died and broken off so I think it's gone.

I lost a 'Forever Pink' hydrangea that I'd had for several years. It was a compact hydrangea so maybe not as tough as my others.

My variegated Solomon's Seal is gone but I think it will return in the spring (I hope).

My poor hostas. I'm missing at least a couple completely and the ones that are still alive look awful.

I lost two phlox, a 'Peacock Purple Bicolor' and an 'Orange Perfection' which may have been mislabled anyway. I lost some others that were just volunteers from 'David' in my front flowerbed.

There were a couple silene plants I managed to keep alive through the summer that disappeared after we finally started getting some rain. I assume they rotted. One was a 'Rolly's Favorite' and the other was silene virginica I think. My silene regias are still alive.

I had two viburnum 'Onondaga' shrubs and one of those has been leafless since July or so. I think it's a goner. : (

It was between two other shrubs so maybe there was too much compettion.

I don't have as many coneflowers as I did this spring.

Sad - I lost a dark pink peony that was a start from my late aunt's garden.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

My two little pawpaw trees at the back of our field have one leaf each but are still alive. I only watered those twice since I have to drive water jugs back there in my car.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz