Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
buttonweed

Posted by peaceofmind 6 MO (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 13, 11 at 12:35

Have any of you had this weed in your yard or fields? It is very common in the southeast and seems to be working its way west into Texas and Arkansas. It is found in the most southern counties in Missouri. Buttonweed is like bindweed or bermuda grass, nearly impossible to get rid of. I'd like to know if you've seen it and what county you live in.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: buttonweed

It could be here but it has not been a problem for me. I don't have a lawn so if it is a lawn weed, I wouldn't know.

Here is a link that might be useful: buttonweed

o

I haven't seen any here yet but thanks for the heads up.
It seems that there are always new problems coming up but none of the old ones go away. : (

o

I have so many weeds that it would be hard to recognize a new one.

My yard is so bad I can't call it a lawn! It is just the yard that I mow.

o

My lawn consists of whatever grows there,too. But many people are very lawn proud and buttonweed can drive you crazy. It also grows in fields. I'm glad to hear none of you have noticed it. One fellow from Howell county brought some in to Missouri Extension to be identified. It has also been reported in Jasper, Dallas, /Stone, and Barry counties.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here