Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain?

Posted by dirtguy50 6a SW MO (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 15:24

Anyone getting rain? Just a sprinkle here so far but looks encouraging.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain?

We went up to KC to the airport and it rained steady. Back in Cedar Cty, the bottom of the rain gauge was barely covered when we got back.
There has been more since then but not a lot.

o

I got 1.25 inch here in south Joplin. Glad to have it, as I had been watering new shrubs/tree for awhile. Loved that the grass didn't grow much for a few weeks --
Sunny

o

I got .8 inch and the weatherman and news anchor were so glad again when the rain left. I think I really will e-mail them this time - didn't do it before only threatened. There have been lots of new trees planted around Joplin. Rain is good.

o

We just got 1/4 inch. I agree, someone should make weathermen more aware of how much gardeners and farmers appreciate the rain! E mail 'em!

o

What a beautiful Saturday morning for the garden. We have gotten a nice full inch of slow rain so far. Still coming down but the radar shows it moving out in a bit. Hope everyone got some rain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here