Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

pictures

helenh
12 years ago

There isn't much that looks nice in my yard, but I appreciate what has survived. Someone gave Honey a bad haircut. click to enlarge

Comments (9)

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

Nice photos Helen. Awww Honey's haircut looks just fine. He always makes me smile.
    Your planters still look good. I moved all my potted stuff to full shade this summer so it would be easier to keep watered and now have moved a few back into the sun. They still need to recover though.
    Love the "weeds" as you titled them in the bottom photo. Maybe some kind of rudbeckia? I planted 'Irish Eyes' this year and I'm hoping it will reseed a bit.

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The weed is Jerusalem artichoke tipped over. It really is a pretty weed. I allowed it in my vegetable garden one year and it tipped over there. There was a mass of yellow flowers facing me. It took up too much room so I pulled it up.

• gldno1
    12 years ago

That little dog is such a cutie!

I enjoyed seeing somebody still has pretty flowers and I especially love the area behind the arch...and the arch.

• NancyPlants
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing your garden Helen. When I look at your lovely pictures I think about all the water you lovingly carried this summer.

Honey's haircut looks better than our Lacy's. I had been wondering how Honey is doing...wasnt she ill earlier?

I especially enjoy your use of rocks and structural items.
    Do you bring your begonias in for the winter?

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Those begonias were put in a plastic tub with a lid frantically last fall before frost. They were on the window sill all winter no care at all. After it got warm I put them in a pot. I did water them this summer but that is all no fertilizer or any care except to remove some ugly leaves.

Honey cut his tongue earlier and had an itchy ear from jumping in the water whenever he was hot. Nothing slows him down for long. I really have to watch because he chews on anything. He likes to pull blankets out of the dog houses not good for cold nights.

• teeandcee
    12 years ago

Very pretty and I love the way you have potted plants mixed in with your plants in the ground. And Honey looks adorable!

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This is from the sale at Springfield. It is in a tub of mud in a stock tank. The leaves look terrible, but the pink flower is beautiful. None of my other water lilies are light pink so it is fun to have another color. It was very expensive $1.

• gldno1
    12 years ago

I love the soft shade of pink and the price is right too!

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

At this time of year the four o clocks are still open at noon.

I love the variegated canna lilies. My patch is getter smaller instead of spreading.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm