Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dappled Willow Pruning

Posted by sdeets Missouri (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 12, 06 at 22:14

I have a dappled willow tree that I planted last year. It grew extremely well this year, but is very leggy. When and how often can I prune this tree? Spring, Fall or both? How far back can I cut it.

Thanks.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dappled Willow Pruning

Sorry your question didn't get answered Sue. Are you wanting to grow it as a tree or shrub? I don't have a dappled willow so I'd better not give any advice but I did find a pretty good website with pruning information. Hope it helps. My only willow is a dwarf arctic blue willow will which is starting to get a little bigger than I expected it to. I may be doing some pruning also.

Also noticed you are new to Gardenweb. Welcome! The Ozarks forum is not as active as it used to be. You know how sometimes there's an awkward silence. We just need some people to get some conversations going so feel free to join in or ask questions. We'll do our best.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pruning Willows for Ornamental Effect

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here